1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Wanted: Server Moderators

Discussion in 'Featured News' started by drp, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    While its quite obvious that our community's members come from all over the globe, the need for 2 servers on each side of the planet need to exist to provide the best possible ping to everyone.

So, I'm looking for a couple of members that wish to donate their time in managing the servers. Making sure they stay updated, plugins are current and that maps are uploaded for non-VIP members.

We are looking for people with experience. If you have never setup or configured a SRCDS server, please do not apply.

[​IMG]

featured image is credited to user Klashmyag from deviantart

• Thanks Thanks x 15
  2. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    So, does this mean that server mods will be allowed to upload maps for non VIP impromptus?. If so, then happy panda am I!

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Yes. Within reason.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. VIVA LA NWO

VIVA LA NWO L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello, have any decisions been made on this? Not to sound impatient, but more updates on this would be nice (like if the slots have been filled, etc).

5. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  6. wyn10

wyn10 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So it's to late to apply?

Darn...

7. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    Current server mods are Snacks, Icarus and myself. There is an open position, but because of the sensitivity of the content members will be in possession of, generally the positions go/went to trusted, long standing community members.

Chances are that Aly will fill the void left by Flame unless another long standing member with Sourcemod experience comes forth (since Aly has none). But even then, i've already spoken to DrP about Aly replacing Flame, she's active enough in the servers and chat to be useful to the community in this position; if only using ftp.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  8. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Question: Do (new) site staff have server admin, like Okrag?

9. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    Yes.
    I should make it clear we only have access, the server moderators handle the running of the servers.

10. Cerious

Cerious L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Submitted an application. I hope I fit the bill for "long standing member with Sourcemod experience", considering I definitely have Sourcemod experience, and I've been around for quite a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.