%vproject%

Friend

L1: Registered
Nov 6, 2009
Couldn't find the information... I am very familiar with hammer, but not a final compile. I'll be releasing my first map, an achievement map, but I am unsure of the final compile.. what doe's %vproject% represent with bspzip for final compilation? Anything I -really- need to do besides zipping custom textures? Thanks guys..

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
In short: It's a magical placeholder that makes it so you don't have to type as much.

It's a "windows thing", more than a "hammer thing". Windows has "environment variables". For example, the variable named "appdata" can be referenced in a command-line program, and windows will automatically stick in the value there.

For example, %appdata% translates to:
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\your.username\Application Data\

%VProject% is set by the Source SDK launcher and by teh Vconfig.exe program (in the sdk) and identifies your "current game" to the SDK tools. For example, it might be:
Code:
c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\your_username\team fortress 2\tf\

Try going to Start->Run and typing in %vproject% and hit enter. It ought to open up your "current game".

Anything I -really- need to do besides zipping custom textures? Thanks guys..
If you've already done a "nice" compile (there are options that take longer and make the map bigger but with nicer lighting) then... pack your custom content, and finally build cubemaps for the shiny surfaces.

Last edited:

Friend

L1: Registered
Nov 6, 2009
Thanks..

Ahh, very informative... I know where I am headed for sure.. thanks guys.