Vote Now - The Unofficial Orange Madness Mini-Mapping Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Rexy, Jul 22, 2010.

?

And the winner is...

Poll closed Jul 25, 2010.
  1. oj_J4CK8_2

2.9%
  2. oj_martijntje

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. oj_martijntje2

5.7%
  4. oj_mick_01

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. oj_mick_02

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. oj_pl_func_door

77.1%
  7. oj_trotim

8.6%
  8. oj_penguin_1

5.7%
  1. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    Alright then, now that's I've had my share blasting aliens and neglecting to put up this thread, it's time to get voting.

You may download a collected pack of the entries here:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3852

Please be sure to view all of the entries before voting.
    There are only 8, it will not take you a long time.

Load each up by typing "map oj..." in the console for a list of the OJ maps to choose from.

This is a popular public vote. Pick your favorite OJ entry.
    There are no other regulations for voting (spam votes from ghost accounts don't count).

Vote now! The winner receives a $10 steam game gift and bragging rights.

Voting ends the 25th.

2. Xi.Cynx

aa Xi.Cynx Former Alias: †Blade†

Positive Ratings:
    func_door gets my vote. Trotim's was quite hilarious as well and I must give him props on the way it was set up. Overall it took a lot of thinking to decide my vote. and after going through them all a second time. This is what did it for me. It really was a tough choice though. It's a shame I could only choose 1. =(

[​IMG]

3. Leminnes

aa Leminnes

Positive Ratings:
    Penguin's is great, but Func_door has got my vote as well. That map pretty much blows my mind.

4. Fireman

Fireman L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    func_door for the sheer hilarity that is playing on it

5. Doppler12

Doppler12 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I voted for Trotim for the sheer unexpected hilarity. I had guessed it spelled/drew something but I would have never guessed it'd say that.

6. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    Jack: cool looking. kind of trippy. seems unfinished and small. still looks really cool.

func_door: WOW. cool lifts, love the particle trails replacing the track props. and the cart was cool too. very impressed. some of the mechanics used were interesting (even though im sure it would play terribly). good lookin' too. like the texturing/theme and the"You have capture green" both helped with navigation. would love to play on it.

Penguin: was cool. i like peaches so it was extra cool. very nice. might be fun to play on too. how did you remove fall damage? :)

Trotim:
    lol.

martijntje1: like the mario-ness. small.

martijntje2: i like this more than the first one cuz you can jump around and do things. i feel like it would have been much better if you had expanded it and maybe tried to make one or two things interactive. (mario world 1 remake anyone?)

mick1: very cool. nice little observatory. only thing is the glass and the other stuff outside are white wireframes. was sad i couldnt fly on the space invaders :(

mick2: i spawned inside of a brush. by far the most colorful one. like the waves and the middle thing. reminds me of a dr. seuss novel. one of my favorites, but i didnt like the skybox choice or the fact that we are just in a box.

in fact, most (if not all) of the entries didnt have anything outside the playing area.

They were probably all, more or less, equally good, but func_door's really stood out. might vote for peng if he doesnt get many (plus func is getting a lot).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  7. Jimmy

Jimmy L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I loved the entries, especially Penguins giant orange and martinije's Mario stuff, great. Though I have to say, Func_door's map done it for me. I found Trotims an ingenious Idea though. Well done to everyone who participated!

8. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    Anyone who doesn't vote for func_door is a communist.

9. PMAvers

PMAvers L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    So, yeah, true story. I wasn't paying attention to the actual objective of the contest, and went, "Hey, I bet this would be a fun/silly night on the server if I ran these, blindly, without actually looking at them."

:O

func_door and penguin are beloved, btw.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like func_door wins by a mile! :O

11. PMAvers

Positive Ratings:
    BTW, if anyone wants to actually play func_door, we're playing it for a little bit longer.

208.167.243.68:27015
    pw: wang

EDIT: Nevermind, it's over. I think I may keep it in rotation, though.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  12. Penguin

Positive Ratings:
    I'm amazed mine was even slightly bearable.

I literally crapped it out the day of, because func_door was dissapointed that I had failed to finish an entry, despite spending the whole contest talking smack.

13. PMAvers

Positive Ratings:
    I think people enjoy anything that allows them to be shot out of cannons. ;)

(Also had a "Goomba Stomp" mod on tonight for added silliness, which was... quite silly, especially with the whole "fall off the edge of the map and get teleported to the orange" thing. So much death up there.... :O )

Spawn camping seemed to be a bit of a problem, though. (Even if they were doing it unintentionally, since the spawns were outdoors.) Also, there was a bit of "stuttering" that you'd run into if you were on the rings around the orange. (Bonus points on making a literal "orange" map, btw.)

14. Watterman

Watterman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    oj_pl_func_door look freaking insane!! but it also played pretty well and was ridiculously fun! I loved it, don't know about others

15. PMAvers

Positive Ratings:
    A few func_door thoughts, it seems like the second point can turn into a real meat-grinder when defense actually gets set up. The elevator exit point doubly-so, since it seems like it's easily camp-able by the defense. It's one of those things that, when it happens, you've gotta yell at the rest of the offense to stop using the dang thing so they won't just jump in and die like lemmings. :facepalm:

16. Penguin

Positive Ratings:
    he fixed that in a more recent version.

17. PMAvers

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, really... :O

I wish to subscribe to this newsletter. Is the link for it around here somewhere?

18. Penguin

Positive Ratings:
    Nah, but hit the Cafe of Broken Dreams next tuesday and you'll likely get to play it,

19. Knight-Errant

Knight-Errant L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Did he by chance also fix the cramped areas near the loop-de-loop part of the track?

20. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for voting everyone. Let's congratulate func_door on his eye melting entry. I'll be contacting him to deliver his prize.

I'd like to do this contest again sometime, maybe in another 6th moths, I'm sure the stakes will be much higher, and I'll contribute a larger prize. Thanks again to those who participated!

• Thanks Thanks x 1