Volcano Island a1 (Working title)

Kazagin

L3: Member
Aug 4, 2009
Volcano Island a1 (Working title) (ON HOLD BECAUSE I'M SAD)

To further their plot for world domination, the RED Team traveled to a volcanic island in the middle of nowhere in hopes of building a Doomsday Laser powered by the volcano.
Unfortunately, a BLU Spy had discovered RED's little secret.

Upon arriving, both teams discovered that there was already a Doomsday Laser built on the Volcano.

That just leaves one piece of "business"...
Who gets the island and the volcano?

Please keep in mind that this is my first map, so please point out anything that needs changed.
I really want my first map to be successful.

Special Thanks to: Acumen (akkushaver@gmx.de) - Support Pillars in the Volcano
Spike - Plants and Trees (Jungle Pack)
SiniStarR - The Volcano's Rock-Wall textures
Anyone who posted in any of my many topics asking for help. :D

Last edited:

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
Looks as if it could be a bit too open/large. Adding some facilities to the side of the volcano would be good - adding indoor combat and preventing snipers shooting the enemy from their own spawn.

Kazagin

Aug 4, 2009
It's hard to tell from my pictures, but the Volcano is dead-center between the two spawns.
I'll keep the idea of buildings on the side of the volcano in mind though.

Kazagin

Aug 4, 2009
Yeah, I plan on putting a three floor Control Center, with stairs going from ground level to mid-volcano and another set of stairs going from mid level to the top of the volcano, with a small room at the top.

The stairs I made (using nothing but props) were the only way I could think of to make it possible to get up.

But yeah, I'll have a much nicer way to get up the volcano next Weekend. (When I plan to release a2, provided I get enough feedback.)

Kazagin

Aug 4, 2009
Double post, but is anyone having problems with the trees showing up as missing textures?
(The entire thing showing up as the purple/black, not the trees having checkmarks for shadows)