KotH Vokzal

DrNightKOT

L1: Registered
Jan 26, 2011
Добро пожаловать на Вокзал!*

A snowy (not so yet!) map set in the nearly industrial landscape of a trainyard, pits the mercenaries agaisnt each other in a battle for a train full of something that they don't know about (knowing Valve it's probably hats, knowing Russians it's probably some ushankas, as we all know that the hats are the main resource in the world).

Anyway, all this crappy pseudo backstory and intro aside, going to introduce the map properly now. Vokzal (Вокзал) is a King of the Hill map with an elevated control point, somewhat big, yet somewhat small main arena, a path to the side of it and quite a bit of trains.

The current version features quite a lot of different alternative paths, healing/ammo items scattered around the place, somewhat final lighting, layout and the gamemode system set up. If someone wants to test it with me, they can PM me and I'll probably be able to provide a server - although I look forward to adding this map for one of EU gamedays in future as well.

The map would feature custom decals with flavorful text that would (hopefully!) do a slight expansion of TF2verse. But as of now it's just a dev-textured thing with some trains, boxes and trucks scattered around as cover and mock-up of design.

*Welcome to the Trainyard (Vokzal)!

Last edited:

DrNightKOT

L1: Registered
Jan 26, 2011
Feels too dark.

I was fearing it would, since my monitor seems to be quite bright, and the map seemed to have enough lights for me. Testing it with two people didn't bring that point out too, so I didn't do much changes to light, believing it was sufficent. If it's really ends up being too dark, I'll place more lights there for sure.