Void's Texturefest 2010

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
logo.png

WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2010

I'm feeling generous right now. That's why I'm starting this. I have no idea how long it will go on, but I'll try my hardest to do it for longer than one day. I now have access to Photoshop CS5 and a Wacom Tablet, so I'm ready to roll.

But, before I can do that, I need to lay down some ground rules.

rules.png

- I specialize in overlays and skyboxes but can do anything requested.
- I'd rather not do skyboxes for this, as those are the most time-consuming of textures. So unless you just want some recolors, I won't be accepting skybox-from-scratch requests.
- Give me something worthwhile to make. I won't make any gimmicky items unless I really like the concept.
- Give me a while to complete your request, as there will likely be others in the making as well.
- I will skin models of yours.
- Be descriptive
- Be polite
- Be efficient
- Have a plan to kill everyone you meet
- All requests will be public releases, meaning they will all have their own download available in the Models & Textures section!
- All requests are fairgame for the Artpass Contest!

complete.png

- Omega Supercolliders - Lambda Particle Physics - Aly
- sky_forest_01 - Nik
- Red Sand - lachlanmax
- Sawmill Dirt and Grass Patches - supersandvich
- Alpine Cliff Rockwall - supersandvich
- Contaminated and Untreated Water - Joodude
- Redstop Railways and Bluroute Transcontinental - Godslayer57
- Worn Stone Walls - Pc_Madness
- Blu Roof Metals - Popular Request
- Snowblends! - Popular Request
- Nuclear Waste - Erich
- Tiling Hazard Stripes - Nerdboy
- Mudpuppy Sewage Clearance - Cont. - J4CK8
- Drilling Awareness Signs - Swordz
- Pristine Techwalls - Languid
- Assorted Corrugated Metals - supersandvich
- Adobe - purequaternion

go.png

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I'd love some posters relating to Particle Physics, containing your/my name, as well as a large billboard-esque sign for RED particle physics and BLU particle physics for my supercollider bases, much similar to the alpha electric sign.

or if you prefer it

Some RED/BLUE logging related signs for my artpass map. You've seen what I've done so far, something related to that. Also, random posters are always fun

Last edited:

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
Can you remake "sky_trainyard_01" with a little more green instead of the blue, and possibly make the sky more blue and lively?

Sky_trainyard_01.jpg

Nov 14, 2009
I would like a nebula for a skybox of mine. I can deal with stretching the skybox, and fitting it, etc...

The nebula should be anywhere from 1024x1024 to 1024x2048 pixels. On a translucent backround. I must be able to open it in Photoshop Elements 8. I promise to make the skybox availible for public use after the contest.

References:
andromeda-galaxy-495bg.jpg

sombrero_galaxy_big.jpg

spiral-galaxy.jpg

Those, but with a bit more color. Everything else is up to you. If you don't want to do it, I can most likely manage on my own, so do other people's textures first.

If your feeling generous, make 2 visually distinct nebulas.

Thanks!

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
Can you make sawmill-style grass overlays, that way we can spam them on grass to mask some of the tiling. Possibly some for dirt too.

Can you make red concrete textures? Recolors and/or scratch. I don't care. Industrial theme is awesome but mostly limited to blue and neutral.

Can you make another alpine rock texture? I like yukon's and the one that blends with grass, but yukon's only tiles horizontally and the other one tiles ugly. Possibly the same tone as the alpine rock models?

Some requests i could find people wanting, including myself

Stink Horse

L2: Junior Member
Aug 1, 2009
Wow, this is a super cool idea. Makes me want to find a copy of Photoshop and lend a hand.

Sep 1, 2009
Is it possible for you to make me an overlay which is for a trainyard,for red and blu. Something simple like "RED CO TRAIN INCOPERATED"Just make it simple and I will be happy.

Pc_Madness

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 31, 2009
Ahh, so this is what you were talking about. :p

I'm not sure if this is going to be too hard / detailed / look like crap in game, but I need a worn stone brick wall texture thing, like the one on the front walls of this building:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Mexico_palenque-temple_of_the_Count.jpg

A version with moss on it might be nice as well or perhaps I could just add that grass alpha from one of the other brushes.. but then I've gotta displace... meh, up to you. :)

My texture creation skillz are basically the ability to play with the contrast / brightness in Paint.net, and I don't think there are any textures that look remotely like those walls. :p

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6104284/screenshots/artpass_attempt1/artpass_valvebase_attempt10012.jpg is what I was hoping to use it on (its still rough)

Anyway, cheers if you're interested. :)

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
A better version of the redwood clearcutters and saw dust mountain signs I made would be marvellox

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
3-4 variants of ivy texture planes for future uses in ivy models (alpha texture included :D)

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
ndrnki.jpg

A higher version skin for this rock... I want to use it in the playing field and it obviously looks pretty bad. The other rocks in the series are passable but this one (models/props_forest/cliff_wall_02a.mdl) could use a higher resolution skin.