Void's Stories

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Void, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    I know you all love the stories I have to tell, and I might as well post them in a thread instead of saturating the chat with them.

Lets start it off here, with an after school special of sorts!

So I was on my way home after school right? I was going to get some bagels. Lots of them. Like, three!

I walked in to Bruegger's, and some grumpy middle-aged fat guy was mopping the floor. I went to go look at the bagel selection, while the girl behind the counter asked me what I would like to get. I said "I dunno... just lookin' at bagels." Pretty stupid right? Right.

She laughed and told me to let her know when I was ready. As I continue to just look at the bagel selection, she asks "Looking for anything particular?" to which I respond with "Not sure, really," and swerve out of the conversation with a "Hmmmmm..." that fades out.

The fat man that was mopping the floor earlier comes to talk to the girl on the other side of the counter. I don't hear much, but he really gets in her face. I hear her say "No... don't do that, that makes me uncomfortable." The fat man then turns around and stomps off to the register to help someone else out.

Besides the guy waiting at the register and some girl on her phone at one of the tables, I'm the only customer there. I let the girl know what kind of bagels I'm getting, and as I name the second bagel I'd like to purchase, she suggestively asks "Would you like to make that... *three?*" Note that there is a deal for three bagels, a half dozen or a baker's dozen. I say "Sure, why not" and pick the last Asiago bagel in stock.

The fat man yells something to the girl that I chose not to listen to. She asks me "I'm charming, aren't I?" to which I nervously respond with "S-sure." She hands me the bag, and I go to pay at the register run by the fat man. He looks to the girl behind the counter, then to me, asking what I had and how much. I just answer with "Just three bagels," and ask for a large drink as well. The fat man tells me the price, and I give him the money.

As he turns around, sighing to the young guy behind him dicking around with the coffee machine, I ask if there are any job openings. I glance over and see the girl behind the counter has lit up with a large smile. The fat man tells me to fill out an application from the website and bring it in. As I leave, she winks to me.

I'd like to believe I will make her days working at Bruegger's better.

2. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    No you won't

• Thanks Thanks x 7
  3. Okrag

aa Okrag Wall Staples

Positive Ratings:
    Then I went home relieved my sexual frustrations on the bagels. The end. -Void

• Thanks Thanks x 18
  4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    She sounds like she's good at her job, and maybe the fat guy and her are friends with an unusual dynamic.

5. Snacks

Snacks TODO: Clever title

Positive Ratings:
    This story doesn't even start believably.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  6. sniprpenguin

sniprpenguin L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Let him have his time to shine.

Go hit that, young lobster.

7. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Pulitezer Prize right there...

Moral of the story: Bagels are the way to a womens heart.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    I've filled out my application for Bruegger's and anxiously await the results.

I'll write another story soon.

9. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    TL;DR Void buys bagels, talks to clerk

• Thanks Thanks x 8
  10. Exist

Exist L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thats my morning routine IMO. Go for a run, then buy a bagel and a drink, flirt with extremely cute bagel girl (whose father dose not like me, family owned shops FTW) then go home to my girlfriend.

I envy you Void. Do go on.

11. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I feel the UK is missing out on the bagel thing. I don't think I've really seen bagels for sale like this anywhere. Or maybe I just don't go into coffee houses due to my dislike of coffee.

12. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe I just don't go into Hoodoo because of my dislike of YM...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  13. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I meant I don't even know where I'd buy a bagel, maybe the coffee houses do but as far as I'm aware bagels aren't a big thing in most.

You at least know where to find maps made by me.

Also you missed an o.

14. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    More of a comment on your dislike of coffee, but whatever.

15. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Reading this blog makes me want some bagels.

Damn, Void, are you a walking advert for Einstein Bros. Bagels?

16. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure bagels are universal...

Could it just be you have (and this is me falling into the UK stereotype) more scone/krimpets/biscuits etc?

Have you tried a grocery store or bakery?

17. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    The UK does sell bagels, but not in the same way as america does: Coffee shops/Teashops tend to sell scones and cakes more than savoury stuff. Posh eateries might sell bagels, but tend to be more baguette-focussed. Shame, I love bagels. But in the UK, the majority of our "upmarket" food is italian or french.

Crumpets are sold hot very rarely, theyre more the sort of thing bought loose and heated up at home.

18. Wilson

aa Wilson Burial by Sleep

Positive Ratings:
    This thread is about Void epic adventures for bagels and chicks, not "Do they sell bagels in UK and where?"
    Stay on topic guys! :)

19. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    tl;dr

void has a regular encounter with a girl

>SHE WANTS TO HAVE SEX

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  20. Exist

Exist L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Was right under the under the first post.

• Thanks Thanks x 2