VNN Interviews TF2 Team - Dave Riller

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Messing Around, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Messing Around

Messing Around L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Valve News Network just uploaded a video which him interviewed the TF2 team (but only Dave Riller answer all though)

beside all the other stuff, i think you guys wanna hear this:

View: https://youtu.be/fmo2JUbpf_Y?t=384

2. CommodoreKong

aa CommodoreKong

Positive Ratings:
    A summary I made up of some of the new information from the video:

The next update is going to be one of the biggest ones ever.

The contracts will have a lot more player choice, players choose the type of contracts they do and the rewards they try to achieve. They call it "Choose your own adventure" internally.

The Pyro class pack will likely have weapons for the pyro that changes the class in some way and has a new gameplay twist.

There will be broad game balancing work, based on comp player feedback. Looking at high level for balance.

It sounds like the Jungle update will be part of the Pyro update.

It will also include community maps and cosmetics.

Competitive will have an ELO system and placement matches.

They're working on a 4-5 minute video for the update similar to the Meet the Team videos.

Valve happened to be working on the Jungle theme update at the same time as the Mayann update.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  3. Messing Around

Messing Around L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    2 big updates in just a year, feel like i'm dreaming

4. Asd417

aa Asd417 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    From what I understood there's only one and it has everything in it

5. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Tbh I'm most excited for the animated short they are doing, they are just so good. I'm sooooo excited for this update (especially better comp)!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CommodoreKong

aa CommodoreKong

Positive Ratings:
    Well we usually get 3 big updates a year - Summer, Halloween and Christmas although Christmas last year was pretty much a normal update with some festive items. Based on the video it does seem like all of the things he's talking about will be part of the same update. It will probably be the summer update unless they're planning on shipping it before that due to the lack of Christmas update.

It's really cool Valve is working on a new short, I wasn't honestly sure if we would ever get another. I wonder if Saxton Hale will be in it, since some people who visited Valve last year saw some pictures of a SFM model of Saxton Hale.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  7. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    I REALLY hope we get anything with Saxton Hale.
    My biggest "hopes" are that we get a SH playermodel, so the community can utilize it.
    I hope I've made it clear enough with the bold italic underlined word.

8. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Can we have Valve pubs in the server browser please thank you.

9. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    Didn't they say they were going to release jungle assets for mappers to use? Even if the Pyro/Jungle update happens in the summer, feels like the assets should be available relatively soon. Four months can go by in the blink of an eye for mappers.

10. CommodoreKong

aa CommodoreKong

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I'm pretty sure someone posted an email from Valve either here or in Facepunch's Major Update Speculation that they would be releasing some of the Jungle assets for mappers early.

• Like Like x 1