VisGroup Help...

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TMB, May 15, 2016.

1. TMB

TMB Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Hi guys, i have a problem here in hammer with visgroup, i see that in the vmf with all the gamemodes there is a visgroup to hide or show the gamemodes and i wanna know how to do that...

I will upload an image for what im talking about...

Attached Files:

2. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    You can make new User visgroups by selecting the objects you want to add to it, then clicking View > Move Selection To Visgroup. A window will pop up like this:

[​IMG]

Then you can name the new visgroup whatever you want and it will be added to the list in the sidebar. In that screenshot, you can see how I've already made RED, BLU, and NEUTRAL visgroups to make mirroring stuff easier.

To add things to existing visgroups, all you need to do is open the selected objects' properties, go to the Visgroups tab, and check the group you want to add them to. Your custom visgroups will also be in this list.

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. TMB

TMB Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, it worked, thanks!

4. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    This button :selectedtovisgroup: on your top tool bar does the same thing as clicking View > Move Selection to Group, too.

5. TMB

TMB Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Thats right, this is faster, thanks!

6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Personally I can never recall this command. So I end up creating a new empty visgroup and then adding the content to it in the visgroup tab. It's only a little clunky.

7. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    Oh nice, I didn't new about move to visgroup feature