vip lounge

Sean of the Dead

L3: Member
Dec 30, 2007
umm, why am i not allowed in it anymore? i was able to a few days ago, but now I can't. i donated like 5 or 10 bucks a month or 2 ago, and now my donater status is gone. wtf?

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Hi Sean;

Please see this link Donate.

Donations are month to month unless otherwise paid subscription.

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Now now, try to keep it civil. Bear in mind that the donation and subscriber packages are still a very new thing, w/ much tweaking to be done. And truth be told, the vip lounge isn't too special at the moment. It's a work in progress, and we still appreciate all the support from our members :)

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo"]YouTube - Monty Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life[/ame]

guys =)

Please remember that the subscriber option is an add-on. Its nothing that takes away from regular users and adds some perks to those who want to help support the community.

A great thing about the subscriber feature is knowing any of the features we add are just going to be included to it...... and the rate we are going thats pretty good =)

Last edited:

Sean of the Dead

Dec 30, 2007
YouTube - Monty Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

guys =)

Please remember that the subscriber option is an add-on. Its nothing that takes away from regular users and adds some perks to those who want to help support the community.

A great thing about the subscriber feature is knowing any of the features we add are just going to be included to it...... and the rate we are going thats pretty good =)

xD I love that song and movie, just watched it a few weeks ago ;)

maybe if there's a lifetime thing, i'll do that :D

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Also people, remember that most of the things we enjoy here, the website, the TF2 Server, even the VBulletin website, cost a good chunk of change. If we want this website to be sustainable we need to have user support in the form of donations.

To reward donations we have put extra privileges in place for them. If you don't donate you will not see any changes, the website will continue on in its current capacity, however if you DO decide that you would like to donate some cash to the website then we feel that you should get something for your money instead of it just seemingly vanishing into a big hole.

An alternative to this would be to display ads, however when we tried that for a couple weeks there were several posts along the lines "Hey, why are there ads on the website now?" that were closely matched with "Ads, what ads? Thank god I have Ad-blocker Plus!"

Personally, I prefer a donate option to commercials.

I am sorry if you do not agree but I want this community to remain a vibrant user supported website for as long as possible and to do that I feel that we should reward people who contribute.

Kinda like PBS and their fund raising days. Everyone can listen to the radio broadcast for free without any problems, but if you want to get that PBS coffee cup and bumper sticker then you need to donate (Or the free drink cooler, or the Europe map guide, OH or the CD-Collection from that one dude who plays good music). They don't really add much to the experience but they are nice to have.

*edit* OH, there we are, if my post has so inspired you, the donate link is here

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
they just didn´t need to move the pic thread, i can´t see them, but i have posted 7/10 off the pics :\

Sean of the Dead

Dec 30, 2007
Also people, remember that most of the things we enjoy here, the website, the TF2 Server, even the VBulletin website, cost a good chunk of change. If we want this website to be sustainable we need to have user support in the form of donations.

To reward donations we have put extra privileges in place for them. If you don't donate you will not see any changes, the website will continue on in its current capacity, however if you DO decide that you would like to donate some cash to the website then we feel that you should get something for your money instead of it just seemingly vanishing into a big hole.

An alternative to this would be to display ads, however when we tried that for a couple weeks there were several posts along the lines "Hey, why are there ads on the website now?" that were closely matched with "Ads, what ads? Thank god I have Ad-blocker Plus!"

Personally, I prefer a donate option to commercials.

I am sorry if you do not agree but I want this community to remain a vibrant user supported website for as long as possible and to do that I feel that we should reward people who contribute.

Kinda like PBS and their fund raising days. Everyone can listen to the radio broadcast for free without any problems, but if you want to get that PBS coffee cup and bumper sticker then you need to donate (Or the free drink cooler, or the Europe map guide, OH or the CD-Collection from that one dude who plays good music). They don't really add much to the experience but they are nice to have.

*edit* OH, there we are, if my post has so inspired you, the donate link is here

I fucking hate it, a LOT, when people blatantly try to make you buy their shit, pisses me off so much. If I want to fucking donate, I can look for 3 seconds to find the god damn link. :thumbdown::cursing::glare::angry:

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
Wow. I'd hate to be the guy who tries to sell you a car/house/new attitude.

Yeesh.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
I fucking hate it, a LOT, when people blatantly try to make you buy their shit, pisses me off so much. If I want to fucking donate, I can look for 3 seconds to find the god damn link. :thumbdown::cursing::glare::angry:

Ok.... Thats a bit extreme. In fact I would say its a bit uncalled for, I posted a link relavent to the topic and in no way forced you to click it, did I?

Did I walk into your house say, CLICK THIS MOTHERFUCKING LINK MOTHERFUCKER!!! No, I merely presented a logical argument in favor of donating, in no way pressuring people and in fact explaining what the entire reasoning process behind donating is, and the best counter argument you could come up with was, GOD DAMN THE MOTHERFUCKING MAN ALWAYS TRYING TO MAKE ME BUY STUFF.

I tried to be reasonable, but seriously I think you over reacted by a *tad*.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007

Sean if you dont like it, you dont like it. *shrug* but no need to get so hostile.

Ryo came into the thread and explained the reason for the donation better then any of us have in the thread so far and also provided a link to the donations so people can see whats included.

Please calm down guys.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
nobody is making you buy anything. the donation is optional. this site is not a pay to post site. it never will.

let me be extra clear.

THIS SITE IS NOT A PAY TO POST SITE. IT NEVER WAS, AND NEVER WILL.

The staff here at TF2Maps.net has put so much time and money in to this site, that its really disrespectful and insulting to hear this from the members.

I've personally have put over $800 in to the site since January, not counting the endless hours tweaking, and searching for software. Hosting costs money, software costs money, servers cost money, contest prizes costs money.

Dont want to donate? Fine. Dont. You dont have to. Like i said, its not required.

But dont cry and moan about what members who cherish the community get as a little thank you from us. We know its not much, and to be honest, those who have donated have told me personally that they dont really donate to get the extras, but to show support for the site.

We just dont want monetary support. Tutorials, write ups, how to's, etc all would be a great show of support towards the community. Is $3, $4 a month breaking your bank? Write a tutorial to help the community grow.

If you still feel like you were somehow cheated with your previous donation, id be glad to issue you a full refund if you wish. PM me with paypal id so i can look through my records.

Last edited:

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Dammit I thought I was VIP enough to see it without having to pay :p
Well, maybe stupid but I can't donate I think, I need every euro I can get hehe. And I love you guys but I just can't :(

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Dammit I thought I was VIP enough to see it without having to pay :p
Well, maybe stupid but I can't donate I think, I need every euro I can get hehe. And I love you guys but I just can't :(

It's cool :)

We're looking in to having a system where you are also rewarded based on forum contributions. ie tutorials, thanks, posts, etc.