SURF Venice v2c

An arena surf holding the jail, a pro surf, a bonus surf (with rewards), an obstacle course.

1. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    Venice - An arena surf holding the jail, a pro surf, a bonus surf (with rewards), an obstacle course.

Originally made in late 2011, updated to my current standards.

The map contains an arena surf which holds the jail, a pro surf leading to the skybox, and two challenge areas: surf and an obstacle course - each with their own specific rewards.

There are two capture points but capturing them do not end the round, there is also the base elements of player destruction so you can kill players to gain flags (whoever has the most flags on each team gets a dispenser and is seen through walls).

Thanks to Azelphur and The Outpost for letting me beta test on their servers.

View: https://youtu.be/0bC1YkBxT8o

• Like Like x 4
  2. Asd417

aa Asd417 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    how did you make those surfaces? Aren't those vertexes off grid?

3. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    You'd be surprised, Asd417. With vertex manipulation one can achieve lovely results. I expect Egan has split some faces here from squares in to triangles so they don't cause face tearing, but the gradients are so smooth in terms of surfaces and lightmaps it's hard to tell. I have great respect for mappers who can produce this wondrous surfing architecture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Viperi

aa Viperi not actually a snek

Positive Ratings:
    Alternatively they could be wedges created using the by the wedge option in the primitive category in the prefabs.

5. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1