Various textures+ cubebox

tnelly

L1: Registered
Dec 18, 2010
Hai there,
I has some problems, whereat i can't find answer for a while. I browsed through lots of tutorials and forums and all, but found nothing.

Issue/question #1: can I has 2 texturetypes on one brushface? Like in Mann Manor, when on one wall there is on the lower part wood texture, and on the upper part some wallpaper. Is it necessary to split my brush into 2 seperate brushes, and then add the textures? Or it's not necessary, but then what's the method for that?

Issue #2: cubemaps. The darn cubemaps. Withouth 'em only my cp-s and some pipes had the pink/black checkboard texture in the reflections. Then I placed cubemaps around the map, followed by the cp-s and cubes are ok, but now i has whole wall's and some stairs with wooden texture, which now has reflections, (but it should'nt), and 'glowing' in this pink/black texture. So, how can i switch this off? D:

If someone cold help me please, I'll be happy forever. Or at least for a while.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
1 - yes, you need to have two separate brushes.

2 - set mat_specular to 0 and use the command buildcubemaps to compile them into your map. It shouldn't have any more pink and black unless you're missing textures somewhere. The stairs are probably reflective because they have reflective textures, but they could be reflecting too much because your cubemaps aren't built.