Various Map Issues

Oct 6, 2008
Ok, have been dealing with ice storm damage, etc so it's been a while looking at hammer.

Some stuff that's been driving me crazy releasing my Alpha

1. Leaks that don't exist. Says it didn't leak, then it does, then I cordon and it doesn't, then I un-cordon and it doesn't leak.:cursing:

2. Map not stable for some reason - no errors found in hammer. Can load under create server - never an issue. load map via consloe sometimes it works but most of the time it crashes.

I am seeing this though after map loads:

"env_cubemap used on world geometry" < I have none in my map

3. F'in spawn points that don't work right on change! Even though it's disabled until trigger I'm still getting bounced there.:cursing:

Any general ideas for the above?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2012
2) Is caused by a recent update to TF2, within the past few weeks I think. Not much you can do, but if you have a listen server started successfully, you can use the "changelevel" command instead of "map" to change the map without crashing.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Somebody should report the crash-on-map-load bug to Valve on their GitHub. And then everyone else who's experienced it should respond to it.

Oct 6, 2008
Somebody should report the crash-on-map-load bug to Valve on their GitHub. And then everyone else who's experienced it should respond to it.

How do you do this?

I also figured out # 3

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
Thanks - I'm beginning to think I'm vexed - tried to submit a bug report from TF2 and the submit button wasn't click-able - lol

Mar 23, 2013
Ok, have been dealing with ice storm damage, etc
1. Leaks that don't exist. Says it didn't leak, then it does, then I cordon and it doesn't, then I un-cordon and it doesn't leak.:cursing:
Any general ideas for the above?

This sounds like you confused yourself :p maybe you had once hiden an brush which sealed the map and compiled which gave you the leak in teh sealed map, but the end of your sentence tells me that it actually works now without leaks or what? ^^'

For your spawn points, maybe enable ent_message_draw 1 to check if the trigger isnt activated somehow.
Or maybe you can't spawn somewhere else, because all other spawns are disabled, stuck in floor, not for your current team? double check everything it sounds like you just over looked something

Also good to hear that I'm not the only one with the crashing map :>

Oct 6, 2008
re the leak - the map is sealed and I never touched the offending brush - hammer has been really acting up on me recently - no idea what the cause is other than I'm running it off of the hammer.bat file since SDK version out of commission.