Vaporization death effect

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Asylum, Jan 12, 2013.

1. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    So we can set players on fire, but can we give them the vaporization effect from a trigger_hurt? Like they were killed by the Pomson, Cow Mangler, etc

2. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    No, there's no setting for it that we can access, as far as I am aware.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
  3. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
  4. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Try doubling the current max value for the damage type in trigger_hurt; they might've snuck that in there.

5. Skibur

Skibur L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am currently researching on how to achieve this effect. Apparently it can only be achieved by using env_laser. I'll find out more about how to apply this effect in a trigger_hurt area.

Edit; Turns out it's very tacky thing to achieve. You can use the env_entity_dissolver, but to achieve the effect, it has to be placed on a ragdoll, after the player have died. Applying the env_entity_dissolver to a live player will simply kill the player without displaying the effect happening.

I'm trying to re-work this thing around and try to see if I could achieve this solution.

I tried that, it only do generic damage.

Just curious, how can you set them on fire without the pyros?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  6. duppy

duppy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Make a trigger_multiple, and add an output:

My output named: OnStartTouch
    Target entities named: !activator
    Via this input: IgnitePlayer

In Hammer, it will color !activator and IgnitePlayer red to indicate they're errors, but it's valid and works fine.

Got the info from http://www.nodraw.net/2012/02/sorting-winners-from-losers/