We played Vanguard today in the New Map Weekend PUG group, it was pretty good in terms of layout, and we loved playing it. We ran into a few issues, though, and a number of players had suggestions/complaints.
1. Clipping on prop stairs needs to be added/fixed (bullet block too)
2. Mid is really narrow but really long. This might have been ok if we had more flank routes
(Mike d:] RIP Tim εїз: I'm gonna call this map koth_noflanks), but it was literally a straight walk into enemy fire. Mumble consensus was either that the mid should be wider or there should be some more/better flank routes.
3. Bigger capzone is needed, as players are spammed off the point really easily. Put capture area on wooden board above point as well?
4. EXTREMELY heavy friendly and not as sniper friendly as we first thought, we're working on a solution for this.
5. Medium health/ammo area
is a gigantic death trap since there's really nowhere else safe to hold that's got a medkit/ammo pack. My idea was that you could leave a small pill where the current medium health and ammo packs are now and move them up here
6. One thing that was sort of annoying for our respective demomen was this area here on the right outside of the spawn
, as they couldn't jump over it.
7. At mid, in the little cubbies with the small health and ammo, there's a tiny pile of cinderblocks
which impedes backpedaling, and just makes that area a deathtrap.
We hope to see your continued work on Vanguard, Fubar, it's looking really good!