valve-style content release?

Garner

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 16, 2009
Iv seen a few people, including the usage of it in the swamp pack release, and i was wondering if there was a way to get the official-tf2-like content release page that you see when there is an update...eg: ill use the sniper spy update page as an example

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/day02_english.htm

apart from the obvious "code it yourself" which will probably hinder me since im fail at HTML, i wondered if there was an easier way?

Thanks for any help =]

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
yea its pretty much 'code it yourself'

its not too difficult tho if you are pretty good at photoshop.

MoonQuake

L3: Member
Jul 18, 2009
Yeah, it could simply be 1 .jpg that covers the whole page displaying your photoshop prouesses. No need for any html.

Chaopsychochick

Jun 16, 2009
I've down loaded them before and yeah it is just one big background picture. So really all you are doing is showing off your photoshop skills and your MAD html skills by setting that picture as the background and centering it without tiling.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
It's not hard really. All you need is Photoshop, HTML knowledge and a CSS with a buncha unique classes.

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
I enjoy doing update pages in photoshop, so if you need any help with that part, shout.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
Yeah, it could simply be 1 .jpg that covers the whole page displaying your photoshop prouesses. No need for any html.

it's a good option but it makes obvious that your update is fake.
if you want your update to have more credibility, I'd say you need to code it the same way valve does

I was planning on making a similar blog software for my next release. might make a public release of the software. If I ever make it...

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Can i just ask has anyone talked to valve about swamp pack???

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
You could always use the splice tool and split it up into many images, and let photoshop do the coding itself. I've done it, it takes a bit of tweaking but it can really work.

Garner

Aug 16, 2009
Cheers guys, i have photoshop cs4 (as i really hate paint) so will probably recreate what valve has done, probs google some practice tuts for photoshop advanced stuff to understand it better. I'll contact you fearlezz if i need any expertise, cheers for offering :)

Thanks again :)

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Photoshop costs so i use another program just as good as it called GIMP