Valve News Network TF2 Update News

Dec 28, 2014
Tyler from Valve News Network got some of the interview questions that he asked the TF2 team answered in an email yesterday and put them in a video:

A nice summary of the answers from Stroheim on Facepunch.

1. Valve did the all the work on the Soundscapes and the entire record, plus some other things. Yes, that track does sound like it's the Jungle map teased back in October.

2. Cactus Canyon and Asteroid have been OFFICIALLY PUT ON HOLD BY THE DEVS since they were removed while they work on other things

3. "They're finishing up the summer update, but I can't specify when it will be out."

4. They plan things out as a group, then people sign up for what they want to do if they think its a good fit. They prioritize the harder/riskier things first, so they can try and fix/recoordinate their efforts them as a group.

5. YES, THE LIST OF FEATURES (ELO, SHORT, COSMETICS ETC.) PEOPLE THINK ARE COMING, ARE COMING. However, not every pyro weapon will get touched.

Tyler did ask a couple of other questions that aren't yet answered but implyed they will be, about if TF2 is going to be ported to Source 2 since Gabe Newell and Doug Lombardi have both basically said that they want all project at Valve on Source 2, how far into the future does the team look/how much of a future do they think TF2 will have and what's the benefit of tiered crates.

BenCo

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 30, 2015
Unless some people from the other teams at valve switches to TF2, I sadly can't see source 2 be implemented in TF2. And even if the current TF team would try it, it would take a long time.

Dec 28, 2014
Unless some people from the other teams at valve switches to TF2, I sadly can't see source 2 be implemented in TF2. And even if the current TF team would try it, it would take a long time.

It's weird because when Uncle Dane visited the TF2 team it sounds like he was pretty much told that TF2 wouldn't be ported to Source 2 but both Gabe Newell and Doug Lombardi have both said on interviews they want everyone on Valve working on Source 2 eventually. I think getting some clarification is a good thing.

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I personally dont see tf2 being updated to source 2 anytime soon. I agree with what Tyler said in his stream: If this update goes well, valve will focus more on tf2 but if it goes bad, than they'll just continue what they are doing now, pushing updates yearly.

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
Gabe, Doug and even Erik J have all been very open and talking about Source2. These people who are more of in the top management would like to have everything running on Source2 but the people who work on these games aren't so forthcoming on that. If anyone looked at their faces and what CSGO developers said on those interviews which VNN guy took part of, Source2 is something that might be the goal but implementing that is far, far away. They can take parts of that right now but the full conversion of each game is not in the recent plans.

Get used to regular hammer, don't wait for Source2 one.