UV mapping help.

Sheltr

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2011
Hey guys, I've been trying to learn how to make models and animate a bit more as of late. and I'm still having one huge problem. UV mapping. I am not to good at it. and looking for a little or maybe a lottle bit of help.
55a65db0de.png
currently my attempts seem to end up like this, as you might be able to tell it is the missile for that control point I'm working on.
dc10afb8e8.png
Here are the seams I attempted to make not sure if this is the best way of doing a model like this. I've tried to look online for tutorials but I can't seem to find one that has worked well for me. The program I'm using is Cinema 4d R13, as it is the one i am most familiar with. Any help with this would be great maybe linking to a tutorial, or hopping on Skype or something and guiding me through this would be awesome. I'm guessing C4D isn't the best for making games and I should hope over to blender or even better 3DSmax.

not sure if mapping questions is the right place for this but this does have to do with a current map of mine.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Erm, what is the problem here? The UV map looks fine to me. Sure, it is a bit strange with those nose cone "flaps" (not to be confused with the actual wings), but that's no biggie.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
ctjVIVU.png

These bits are odd but it seems fine so far

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
The triangles are the wings of the rocket. It is a matter of taste if you want the three sides of each wing connected or separated. The later makes it easier to put shapes on them I imagine.