UV mapping help.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Sheltr, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Sheltr

Sheltr L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys, I've been trying to learn how to make models and animate a bit more as of late. and I'm still having one huge problem. UV mapping. I am not to good at it. and looking for a little or maybe a lottle bit of help. [​IMG] currently my attempts seem to end up like this, as you might be able to tell it is the missile for that control point I'm working on. [​IMG] Here are the seams I attempted to make not sure if this is the best way of doing a model like this. I've tried to look online for tutorials but I can't seem to find one that has worked well for me. The program I'm using is Cinema 4d R13, as it is the one i am most familiar with. Any help with this would be great maybe linking to a tutorial, or hopping on Skype or something and guiding me through this would be awesome. I'm guessing C4D isn't the best for making games and I should hope over to blender or even better 3DSmax.

not sure if mapping questions is the right place for this but this does have to do with a current map of mine.

2. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Erm, what is the problem here? The UV map looks fine to me. Sure, it is a bit strange with those nose cone "flaps" (not to be confused with the actual wings), but that's no biggie.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

These bits are odd but it seems fine so far

4. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    The triangles are the wings of the rocket. It is a matter of taste if you want the three sides of each wing connected or separated. The later makes it easier to put shapes on them I imagine.