"Use Activates" Buttons Don't Work

butter_milch

L1: Registered
Feb 13, 2011
This is maddening!

I created a few buttons, set the "Use Activates" (and Toggle) flag, set all outputs to "OnPressed", compiled, started a local server, set "tf_allow_player_use" to "1", bound f (and a whole bunch of other keys) to "+use" (bind "f" "+use") but nothing happens. NOTHING.

The funny thing being that they worked just fine a few hours earlier. But now after mapping some more (and not changing a single thing about the buttons) they don't work anymore.

After ticking the "Damage Activates" flag the buttons work perfectly when I hit them with a melee weapon or gunfire. But I need them to only work when being "used".

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Last edited:

butter_milch

Feb 13, 2011
Nope. I've tried:

bind f use
bind "f" "use"
bind f +use
bind "f" "+use"

And several different keys.

Last edited:

butter_milch

Feb 13, 2011
No. As I said: It already worked well (I tested the buttons multiple times when it did) but then just stopped doing so.

butter_milch

Feb 13, 2011
Well, screw it ^^

Next problem: The buttons work fine on a local server but on a dedicated server they are somewhat buggy.

The buttons are set to toggle. So they move after being pressed and stay in that position until pressed again. This works fine on a local server but on a dedicated server they stay in one place and don't move.

Does anybody know anything about that?

ardysqrrl

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 26, 2009
some servers have +use disabled, which may explain the different behavior between your local server and putting it somewhere else

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
Also FYI when using toggle buttons OnIn and OnOut are generally more useful.