US Casual Rotation Submissions (9/12/14)

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Important! Some important stuff has changed schedule for me so casuals will be held Fridays instead from now on. The thread is up early in absence of a Sunday thread. (Should've done a casual last Friday but w/e)

When? 10pm BST / 9pm GMT / 5pm EST/EDT | 2pm PST/PDT, Friday (12th September)

Where? US server: usa.tf2maps.net:27015

Rotation Closed
pl_halfacre | Thread
ctf_turbine2_a6 | Thread
cp_zinkenite_b3a | Thread
ctf_vector_v1 | Thread
pl_manngrove_rc5 | Thread
cp_integrity_a2 | Thread
cp_clocktower_b2a | Thread

Submitting
Post a reply below following:
Provide a full mapname (in-game typeface: cp_mapnamehere_v), a download link and the thread URL or source.

Submissions must also be in line with:
  • Submitted maps can be sourced from anywhere. This includes but is not limited to here and gamebanana.
  • The submitter of the map may not also be the author. This is to cut on people using casuals as gamedays (testing).
  • The same map cannot be submitted twice
  • Joke maps are allowed as long as the map finishes (ie has an objective)
  • Trade/surf etc maps are not allowed (stick to official [pl etc], psuedo-official [standin etc] and custom objective modes [csf etc])
  • The first submitted map will be played first for full time and not included in the rotation votes.

Notes for this week:
  • Day change as listed at top of page

Last edited:

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
pl_halfacre
Download
Thread

sakura.png

ades

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 27, 2014
cp_refinery_a7

download-http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=5777

fourm-http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread...383#post307383

ibex

aa
Sep 1, 2013
cp_refinery_a7

download-http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=5777

fourm-http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread...383#post307383

Please read the thread before posting, or at least read the initial/topic post. This event doesn't allow self-nominations. Further more this event isn't for testing, it is a "casual" event: for fun. You are looking for the "gameday" threads, which are posted something like every Tuesday/Wednesday.

Last edited:

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
By the way, just as a question, if a developer had a map that was in final, and they wanted, say footage of it, could they THEN ask for it to be played? Because the reason you stated was to prevent using casuals for testing. If it's final, then of course it's not being tested. I'm just wondering if that would be the exception.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
By the way, just as a question, if a developer had a map that was in final, and they wanted, say footage of it, could they THEN ask for it to be played? Because the reason you stated was to prevent using casuals for testing. If it's final, then of course it's not being tested. I'm just wondering if that would be the exception.

I'm going to have to say no, sorry. A blanket ban on self-nominations is much fairer for everyone. If they want something like that, I'm sure it can be played still in a gameday.

Edit: Oh and the list is closed.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
My exact thought process in the last few minutes:
It's 7:30pm, let's get an imp going *heads to chat* "ok imp maps please" "but YM there's a casual event soon"
Oh that's right, berry was doing casual play *goes and finds thread* SEVEN MAPS! That's 3.5 hours where we could be playing new maps that need testing, better squeeze in some maps before this imp!

In short: Why is the casual play scheduled? We have so many maps that need play time, if anyone was even remotely interested in hosting imps they'd know just how many maps there are to play. This event is at prime imp time and clashes massively.
I'm not saying we shouldn't have casual play, just that it should be slotted around testing and not pushing testing to the side.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
OK, we're on the server, and we cant figure out what the heck's going on. When is the event again? I'm in Iowa, so, it should be 4 for me, but it's 4:17 now

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
OK, we're on the server, and we cant figure out what the heck's going on. When is the event again? I'm in Iowa, so, it should be 4 for me, but it's 4:17 now

The event was moved to the EU server, as the US server admin commands are broken.