Urgent! Error verifying humanity on Steam

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by luxatile, May 1, 2009.

1. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I can no longer log into the Steam community. All other Steam features seem to work perfectly (it even says my name on top of the window and lets me change all of my settings as usual) - however, when I try to log into my Steam account through the Community tab so I can use the community features (chat, etc), I get this error:

Error verifying humanity

So I guess Steam thinks I'm a bot for some reason? Why would this happen? Or, even worse (which is why I put "urgent" in the topic title...), perhaps my account somehow has been hijacked? This is really puzzling, and a bit scary to think that someone might be effing something up with my account right now.

In other words: halp!

EDIT: And I will try to contact Valve (through a ticket, I presume?), but I'm hoping some of you might be faster than them.

2. Mar

Mar Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Just restart steam and if that doesn't work, your computer. This happened to me once of twice before. Don't know the cause but a simple reboot will fix your problem.

3. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Erm, lol. It was an easy fix. Thanks, MrAlBobo (and Mar too, though I didn't see your advice before now :p).

4. kwagner

kwagner L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    You know, theres the special L4D weekend deal going on. Maybe Steam suspects you're a zombie? :p

5. Walliard

Walliard L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Better safe than sorry.