Update to forum and chat rules.

Discussion in 'Featured News' started by Ravidge, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    The site rules have had a complete rewrite. Check it out here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/announcement.php?f=43
    Please read it all the way through.

The goal with this update was mainly to improve the wording and make the rules more understandable and easier to grasp, both for our users and our moderators, with some of the new additions we also hope to clear away some fuzzy interpretations, there should be a lot less "unspoken rules".

What is new is that we're planning to moderate the chat better, and do our best to permanently log incidents that happens in the chatrooms.

If I were to sum up the rules in a paragraph: It's "common sense" things. Don't be a jerk and you'll be fine, behave like a reasonable human being and don't cause trouble. Mind your language and think just 2 more seconds before sending that post/message.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  2. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

4. samp20

samp20 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I think there's a typo:
    Looks like you missed off donation from the end of the sentence :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    I see things sure have changed since the Great Hydro Kicking of 2010, when zpq selflessly kicked many from the chat until all bowed before Hydro as the greatest TF2 map of all.

I can see how it may be for the best.

6. Terwonick

Terwonick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    What about things that had been previously posted in the chat and then put in the steam convo thread, I've seen some sketchy things posted there, will you just grandfather all the old stuff in or are you going to go back and censor that and give out bans based on that too?

7. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
  8. ForbiddenDonut

aa ForbiddenDonut

Positive Ratings:
    This is TF2Maps.net, not the Soviet Union.