Update the server overview (front page)

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by luxatile, Mar 27, 2012.

1. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    The server info under the "Community" segment of the front page hasn't been updated in several server changes. Hell, we don't even have an EU server anymore! This may be a small issue, but it's been so long now that I feel I need to bring this up here, as it could potentially be really confusing to new members.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  3. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    The server itself probably could use a rename, while we're on the subject. "TF2Maps.net - Custom Map Testing" or something to that effect, so people who run across it randomly on the big list of public servers will know what to expect. We're in desperate need of a MOTD, too, if I recall, but a more descriptive name will be more useful with almost no effort.

4. theharribokid

aa theharribokid

Positive Ratings:
    I don't know what happened to our old motd by geit, I liked it, I was thinking it would be nice to add a thanks to everyone who runs it like Veeps and mods etc too

5. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    The lack of a motd is the bigger issue if you ask me.

6. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Not really. Nobody really joins the server without knowing what we do.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Having no motd isn't really a big issue imo. I never pay attention to the motd of any server I join.

Except for the ones that play adverts; those are the servers I leave immediately.

8. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I've noticed that some have lately. I thought it might be from the new game browser thing that TF2 has, but I think that only looks at servers hosting stock maps.