Update, FPS and config

Titanium

L1: Registered
Nov 23, 2009
I just played a little bid after the uupdate and I have seen a big annoying bug and nobody talking about it.

I use one FPS config wich disable ragdoll(you know dead body falling), and before the update few bug happened and an empty player model stayed where he died. Now it's like half of the death wich cause this bug. My TF2 is implayable because of all the empty body that look like player.

It seems I have two solutions:
-either play with ragdoll but this won't help my FPS that are already low thank's to all the explosion
-or I just play with this but it is really annoying to spend more time shooting on dead player than real one.

Do you have any idea? a command wich would disable this bug without dropping my FPS near 0?

Thank's for any advice

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
I too have very fluctuating fps. (it always drops on the moments you need it most).

now if you want to go very extreme, here is a high fps config I use when I want consistent fps. (makes your game look horrible, but it does help) I had that "ragdoll" problem as well, it was extremely annoying. Ragdolls actually arent that bad to my fps, I found out, so I left it out. anyways, here is it

Code:
r_rootlod 2
mat_disable_bloom 1
mat_specular 0
r_3dsky 0
r_dynamic 0
r_shadows 0
//mat_dxlevel 81
muzzleflash_light 0
cl_ejectbrass 0
cl_show_splashes 0
r_decals 0
mp_decals 0
r_drawmodeldecals 0
r_waterforceexpensive 0
r_waterforcereflectentities 0
r_drawdetailprops 0
//mat_showlowresimage 1

//Streak's FPS Config

//cl commands
cl_forcepreload 1
cl_smooth 0
cl_detaildist 1
cl_detailfade 800
cl_ejectbrass 0
cl_show_splashes 0

//mat commands
mat_compressedtextures 1
mat_bumpmap 0
mat_clipz 0
mat_filterlightmaps 0
mat_filtertextures 0
mat_mipmaptextures 0
mat_softwarelighting 1
mat_specular 0
mat_picmip 2
mat_parallaxmap 0

//r commands
r_fastzreject -1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
r_decal_cullsize 1
r_drawflecks 0
r_drawmodeldecals 0
r_dynamic 0
r_lod 0
r_WaterDrawReflection 0
r_WaterDrawRefraction 0
r_waterforceexpensive 0
r_cheapwaterend 1

//lod commands
lod_TransitionDist 1

//dsp & snd commands
dsp_enhance_stereo 0
snd_mixahead 0.7

//other commands
fps_max 30
muzzleflash_light 0
ai_expression_optimization 0
sv_forcepreload 1

//mat_queue_mode 2 
//r_threaded_renderables 1
//r_threaded_particles 1

also, to the launch options add -dxlevel 80, that one is a massive increase in fps. (you do miss a lot of eye candy)

another big fps increase is by lowering your resolution. I think the lowest you can go is 640 x 480, but I guess you can go lower in windowed mode.

In windowed mode you can have crazy resolutions (say 1366x50). if it fails to launch at all (no errors etc) you probably chosen a too low resolution.

Titanium

Nov 23, 2009
Well thank's for the config I will try this soon and for the ragdoll I guess I don't have tthe choice. Too bad that valve always forget about low computer when they update.

FYI I already use dx 8.1.

I hope I won't have to play in windowed mode because that would really be sad^^.

And just another question do you know why every time I leave the game all my graphic setting (apart dx level) just go back to normal wich mean I have to go in option and change them to low every time I load the game.

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
Valve updated today, your problem should be solved, there will be no more ghosts in your map.

And just another question do you know why every time I leave the game all my graphic setting (apart dx level) just go back to normal wich mean I have to go in option and change them to low every time I load the game.

I have the exact same problem, just put the commands in the autoexec and you will be fine

I think r_rootlod is for model quality and mat_picmap is for texture quality

Titanium

Nov 23, 2009
Well thank's again for the new command I will try them (later sytill have no time to play).

And thank's valve for updating the update this is what I was dreaming of.