Unusual Invisible Wall Glitch (Sort of)

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by YourNameHere, Apr 3, 2013.

1. YourNameHere

YourNameHere L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So, yeah. This has been happening lately and it's getting really annoying. When I finish making the map and compile it, when I go to test it, some of the func_details seem to be invisible. They are there, just not showing. Here are some pictures to help:

In Hammer:
    http://i.imgur.com/VPr7gFT.png

In Game Testing:
    http://i.imgur.com/kBe7yv2.png

I don't know if it's my problem since I'm still new to Hammer, or Hammer itself. But still, anyone know how to stop this problem from happening? Thanks.

2. Spacek531

Spacek531 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    it's an unusual phenomenon called "you don't have night vision."

try adding some light_spots and then see if it still disappears. From your description, I can't tell exactly what it is that's missing: what exactly is the thing that disappears? Is it the orange triggers? Those are meant not to appears. Brighten your scene and report back.

3. YourNameHere

YourNameHere L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Not the triggers, the walls. Even with lighting, some of the walls don't appear.

4. Spacek531

Spacek531 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    if that's the case, check your map for leaks- func_detail won't seal the map.

5. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    I don't know, this looks to me like you're using a cordon or something but I doubt that's the case

6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Also remember that the engine has issues if you aren't in one of the precomputed visleaves. Ensure that you are in fact inside normal space when checking.