1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

[Unsolved] all textures turn black.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by [Soap] SteelCroix, May 17, 2017.

1. [Soap] SteelCroix

[Soap] SteelCroix L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I spent like 40 hours with my new alpha map. See the problem is I located it to be in the VIS stage but all the textures turn black and the only light is light_environment. All the models are fine and there are no leaks present so IDK.

2. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Make sure the origin point of your map is not inside a solid brush, this is usually the cause. If it doesn't help you have a broken light and will have to cordon until you can identify it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, I know two reasons for that, and it happens fairly often, so: 1) the origin inside solid geometry, or 2) a light entity inside solid geometry.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. [Soap] SteelCroix

[Soap] SteelCroix L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah if you have too many lights could that be a problem too?

5. Gandalf

Gandalf L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    That problem is inside of Hammer, or when you run the map?
    If is when you run the map, that could be a compile problem.

6. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    It could be a faulty brush that causes this. Try compiling parts of your map to see when it turns black to hunt it down. You can use the cordon tool but you can also lock up parts of the map by compleetly sealing them off from eachother with word brushes (like you'd seal your map from leaks), only the area with the issue will be black.