Unlimited ammo neutral sentry gun

Brian Griffin

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2009
Is it possible to place a sentry gun on your map that never runs out of ammo without constantly respawning the sentry itself?

By neutral I of course just mean that it's spawned without an owner and not a sentry gun that's targets both teams.

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
For the infinite ammo I would recommend creating a cycle that periodically destroys and respawns the gun. For the neutral aspect, I don't think that's possible.

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
Or you could just place a red and blu sentry close to each other (divided by a small wall so they don't kill one another) and then you could pull that off, and I believe they would not run out of ammo either.

Garner

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 16, 2009
You could have multiple sentrys, like 4 (maybe in 2 lines of 2) with 2 "inplace" read to go and 2 underneath the first 2 on a time delay elevator / platform that rises and goes down.

Basically, have the first 2 on platform that has a delay before it lowers down and brings up the new sentrys. The delay would be obviously the average time that the sentry gun would run out of ammo before needing to be replaced. After that, the first 2 would drop down and be hidden, and the otehr 2 would rise and take their place.

I think there is a brush you can use to block the sentrys line of sight, and combne that with block bullets and would wouldnt need a wall to divide the 2 (maybe you could use a fence / mesh instead with the line of sight / bullet brush).

Only way around it that i can think of. Plus, it would look cool ingame in terms of it all happening rather than just having a permanent sentry :D