Universe

strangemodule

L5: Dapper Member
Sep 10, 2009
This is a Payload map I've been working on for about a month and a half. It combines the desert, industrial, and alpine themes (in that order), while still feeling like it flows.

I had posted the alpha on FPSBanana before I registered at TF2maps, (http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/108348 if you really want to see it), and now I am putting it up here for all to enjoy and hopefully make good criticism for.

EDIT: RC3 is now out!

Last edited:

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
Looks nice but the light is the fourth screen shots seems too bright

strangemodule

Sep 10, 2009
So, has there been any playtesting at all? Anyway map looks great and I'd love to test it on gameday.

There has been some playtesting at the server I frequent, they gave me some good feedback, but I'd also like some feedback from TF2maps as well.

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
I was expecting a space map D :<

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
Looks nice, some areas have too much lighting and some areas appear too tight or small scaled. The 5th screen shot for example shows the final control point a few foot from the previous control point. I'm pretty convinced this would make the map too easy for BLU team to win - all they need is a small rush during a break in RED's defence to win. I would remove that control point or extend your map after play testing.

I would recommend play testing this and then editing the map as needed, reducing the brightness of some of those lights in the warehouse would be good too.

strangemodule

Sep 10, 2009
The funny thing is, I expected this to be easy for RED to defend, and playtesting showed me the complete opposite. Welp, time to do some editing!

strangemodule

Sep 10, 2009
Looks nice but the skybox looks out of place ATM in the desert area with the alpine sky.

I'm not sure what really to do, because the alpine area is where you see most of the skybox, and I've never heard of a dynamic skybox...plus, the story of my map is that the desert area used to be alpine before it got hit by a mysterious bioweapon.