Unique issue: doors

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
Well, playing around in hammer, getting my Prefab for a lava hazard working. I got the door opening working, and I moved it to my current map project... and the first thing it does is fail. I made sure all components were accounted for, which they were. and it gets stuck on while trying to open, and instantly closing.

Also, how can I set a specific distance to raise my door?

edit: right after I posted, it started working (it was catching on the viewable side of a no draw), but the other issue remains, how to make it not.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
You can make a door open more/less using the lip setting, set it to -x to make it more by that many hu and x to make it open less by that amount in hu. I imagine your door is closing because of the 'time before reset' not being -1, as if it is positive then the door closes after that amunt of seconds.

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
wait, why was it catching? func_doors aren't physics objects and should go through things. can you post your prefab so far for us to look at?
The prefab vmf problem is that i don't intend on releasing (yet) and it's only doing it on my current map project, when I get a chance tommorow, I will post koth_felground (which is a spawn and the capture point) and maybe someone can tell me what happening with the env_soundscape

Scratch that I figured out why, reading the second post, I figured out why: using 0 for delay, instead of -1, which it should be

Lastly: not sure if this is to be tied later, but getting the door to cycle on its own, indefinitely

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
Are you asking how to make the door cycle on its own? Because you could use 'OnFullyOpen !self Close delay:x' and 'OnFullyClosed !self Open delay:x' to do that (or something along those lines).

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
Yes, I have the door set to on fully, and it's working perfectly now, thanks zahndah