Unique issue: doors

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by MoonFox, Nov 25, 2015.

1. MoonFox

MoonFox L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, playing around in hammer, getting my Prefab for a lava hazard working. I got the door opening working, and I moved it to my current map project... and the first thing it does is fail. I made sure all components were accounted for, which they were. and it gets stuck on while trying to open, and instantly closing.

Also, how can I set a specific distance to raise my door?

edit: right after I posted, it started working (it was catching on the viewable side of a no draw), but the other issue remains, how to make it not.

2. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    wait, why was it catching? func_doors aren't physics objects and should go through things. can you post your prefab so far for us to look at?

3. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    You can make a door open more/less using the lip setting, set it to -x to make it more by that many hu and x to make it open less by that amount in hu. I imagine your door is closing because of the 'time before reset' not being -1, as if it is positive then the door closes after that amunt of seconds.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. MoonFox

Positive Ratings:
    The prefab vmf problem is that i don't intend on releasing (yet) and it's only doing it on my current map project, when I get a chance tommorow, I will post koth_felground (which is a spawn and the capture point) and maybe someone can tell me what happening with the env_soundscape

Scratch that I figured out why, reading the second post, I figured out why: using 0 for delay, instead of -1, which it should be

Lastly: not sure if this is to be tied later, but getting the door to cycle on its own, indefinitely

5. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    Are you asking how to make the door cycle on its own? Because you could use 'OnFullyOpen !self Close delay:x' and 'OnFullyClosed !self Open delay:x' to do that (or something along those lines).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    And make sure you do onfullyopen/onfullyclosed. Not just onopen/onclose. The latter will cause you to crash.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. MoonFox

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, I have the door set to on fully, and it's working perfectly now, thanks zahndah