CTF Underpass a7

Normal CTF, with doors!

1. 14bit

Server Staff 14bit L14: Bit Member

Positive Ratings:
    Formerly known as ctf_14bit_72

Subscribe on the Workshop!

Please note that the map is currently in Alpha, and the name of the file is currently ctf_14bit_72_a6b

Placed 3rd in the Summer 2015 72 Mapping Contest! Thank you all so much for your support!

Underpass is a somewhat unique take on capture the flag. The bases and flags are much closer than usual, but there are doors sealing off the easy way into the intel rooms. As soon as the enemy flag is grabbed, the doors open, providing an easy escape from the base. But be warned, as the doors remain open until the intel is retured, so don't help the enemy score!

This map will be updated over time, so stay tuned!

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    It was good seeing this come together, and I look forward to seeing how it progresses. A nice gameplay change to the usual CTF style...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    I played this during its first test and found it as a fun alternative to the usual ctf layout. You made many of the changes I wanted so I thank you but I still feel like the roof is too strong.

4. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    ctf_powergrab since you have that big sign there and then maybe switch the intel model to the power core thing from the moon base props

5. 14bit

Positive Ratings:
    Funny you mention that. In a1 and a2 it was the powercore prop, as the garage was going to contain some sort of doomsday device or something, but I only had 72 hours and I realized it wouldn't make much sense. How could you power your machine if the enemy had already stolen some of you batteries? Also, in a1 the Intel healed the defending team when it was in the field, so the healing beam coming from a powercore made more sense than a briefcase.

I am thinking about ways to nerf the roof, but I feel like it's a unique feature that I would like to keep. When the contest is over I will definitely try to fix some of the general flow issues, such as everyone rushing the roofs and the air vents. (Geit's new player flow map thingy is really cool btw.)

6. 14bit

Positive Ratings:
    Fun fact: there's a SUPER SECRET EASTER EGG in the map. I wasted two hours on it, and nobody has found it yet. Good luck if you want to figure it out!

Edit: It has multiple steps that must be done in order for it to trigger. All of them can occur during normal gameplay or alone. It is highly unlikely that they will occur accidentally, but it would be possible.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  7. 14bit

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. 14bit

Positive Ratings:
    Name change of resource to new map name, and there's now with a workshop post! Go subscribe! Or not!

P.S. If anyone is able to change the thread title to Underpass, I'll be forever grateful. If that's not a thing, thanks for taking the time to read this anyways!
    Edit: Found the thread title edit button!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  9. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I really don't like CTF in TF2 but this map is pretty good for a CTF map. Good luck in the 72 hour content I voted for your map!

10. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    My opinion: those intelligence room doors just make sentry camping easier

11. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    I believe you can change the name of a thread by editing the first post now.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Here are my judging remarks in an easier to read format:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. 14bit

Positive Ratings:
    So it's been around 7 months since I last touched this, and in that time it placed in a contest, so I think people liked it. I made some small changes but I just want to get it tested before I do some of the MAJOR changes I have in mind. So here it is, ctf_underpass_a7.

-Alpha 7-
    • Closed up the vent to see how it impacts gameplay
    • Added platform on center pipe so it's easier to tell where the edge is
    • Medium health pack on pipe replaced with small health pack
    • Clipped a bunch of stuff
    • Fixed some lighting
    • Other stuff here and there

Read the rest of this update entry...