Undermine

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
a_undermine000.jpg

Well, Undermine's second thread. Technically I'm not the original author of the first thread or it would have been just an update, but since the final version is on my computer, etc etc. Undermine is a cooperation of mapping between Midel and myself.

==================================
Alpha 04: (ARENA)
- Removed support beam from final capture point.
- Added Capture Elevator
- Fixed main arena doors and added playerclips
- Changed spawns to be bigger.
- Changed speed of moving platform to be faster when cap enables.
- Changed stairs near spawn.
- Changed health pack from med to full (since its inaccessible until capture time.)
- Added Water to map
- Changed door sizes around arena.
- Packrat'd author poster

Alpha 03: (ARENA)
- Changed game type from ctf to cp and arena (cp will be released later)
- Changed the layout 257%
- Added mid spawn from Midel's contest entry (with full permission)
- Added moving platform that opens only to the only health upon the unlocking of the control point.
- Doors that only open after the cart moves to the wall.

Alpha 01: (CTF)
- Area portals.
- Optimization.
- Players are not allowed to build on the capture zone.
- Players not allowed to build outside on left base prop structure (taller crate pile).
- Health and Ammo Spawns
- Semi-Working Pit Return (Glitch with Blue Pit)
- Lava and Oil Pakrat'd

This is an Alpha mainly wanting game play testing more than appearance criticisms.

Last edited:

Midel

L1: Registered
Aug 24, 2008
*stabs Mort for not posting a link to my profile*

Ten19

L2: Junior Member
Jun 17, 2009
Fantastic start so far, no real complaints!

What's up with the the strange chicken-wire fence guarding areas that look accessible?

Inqwel

Jun 2, 2008
Fantastic start so far, no real complaints!

What's up with the the strange chicken-wire fence guarding areas that look accessible?

Thank you.

The wire mesh area was one of the three paths to the second capture point come the CP map. However, Midel and I were currently in mid-debate on letting it open up a little to allow an alternative path in the back (for water) and for another way upstairs.

Midel

L1: Registered
Aug 24, 2008
Concerns about A4.

Things that should be addressed for A5:

- Health pack behind locked door in main area: Will be either a small or med size.
Should this be respawning?

- Metal Pickup: In the middle of the map, surrounding the water, will change to small. the metal in the main area, on the ground floor of the battlegrounds will all change as noted. Around the capture point: will change to small. At the farthest facing the point will now change to medium.

- Concerns on not seeing the locked health pack: As of right now there is a camera that looks directly at the health. Before A4, there wasn't a camera. However, even with the camera, people do not know where that health pack is. The plan is to add two things: One a sign right above the door that indicates health, and second there will be a dynamic light that flashes on when the capture point enables. This way people might be able to find the area better.
Any alternative ideas to help this?

- Alternative Path/Size. People were asking about the balcony over the point. I've seen two demo recordings of play testing and only one person has forced their own path using the small ledge before the door to cross the balcony. I've heard, or think I've heard the mumbled comment that there should be an upper door near the health so that its easier to get up there when it opens.
I would like some input on this, actually, since I don't think it under powers a class at all. But connecting the two balconies would disable the need for moving platform

Thank you in advance.

Inqwel

Jun 2, 2008
Since no one had any comments about the update other than the "killevator", the next step is to make this into a beta map for Arena. Once that happens though, I will have enough work finished on the map to release an Alpha for the CP version of this map.