TC Underbid

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
I saw this map about a week ago, while looking through the Orphan House. I was looking for something others made, because I clearly don't know how to make a good map. So, I saw the map, but I didn't really bother, as TC is not played very much, and is difficult to make maps for. But, since I can't do anything else, might as well die trying to make a TC map! so now, I have chosen to pick it up. I will be attempting to make a good map, but that'll be hard, because anything I make is shit. But I'll try my damnest to make something worth playing. (Even without the money texture.....

Original Designs by Idolon and Tarry H Sruman

Last edited:

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Turn it back to money sometime later, please.

I want that sweet dosh.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Heads up, there's a couple of people you're forgetting to credit.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this before, but I'm using one of the control points (lower left in your last screenshot) in my map, Ashpipe. If you're okay with that, feel free to leave it in; I'd prefer if you redesigned it, though.

Last edited:

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Heads up, there's a couple of people you're forgetting to credit.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this before, but I'm using one of the control points (lower left in your last screenshot) in my map, Ashpipe. If you're okay with that, feel free to leave it in; I'd prefer if you redesigned it, though.

Sounds gud

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
So, ironically, the first thing I would recommend is fleshing out the visuals a little. The only reason Hydro even works as well as it does is that it has recognizable landmarks not only at every point but in the areas in between as well. In almost any other mode, "the RED base", "the BLU base", and "the neutral zone in between" is all you need to be able to recognize, but in TC some variety is paramount. I'd almost even recommend dipping into the custom dev texture pack and just coloring the areas yellow, orange, green, purple, cyan, and hot pink or something in the meantime.

Other than that, I couldn't really tell if it's any better or worse than Hydro. The rounds seemed to end quickly enough, at least.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Between getting lost an awful lot and the rounds ending quickly, I never really had a chance to get a feel for the map. It could just be because of the lack of landmarks and such though.

Besides that though, the map isn't bad. I had fun on that one round that lasted for ages.

Bunbun

aa
May 18, 2014
Played it the other day, enjoyed it.
But just as ms.mudpie said
Between getting lost an awful lot and the rounds ending quickly, I never really had a chance to get a feel for the map.
I blame the players for that tho :)