TC Underbid

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Moonrat, May 11, 2015.

1. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    I saw this map about a week ago, while looking through the Orphan House. I was looking for something others made, because I clearly don't know how to make a good map. So, I saw the map, but I didn't really bother, as TC is not played very much, and is difficult to make maps for. But, since I can't do anything else, might as well die trying to make a TC map! so now, I have chosen to pick it up. I will be attempting to make a good map, but that'll be hard, because anything I make is shit. But I'll try my damnest to make something worth playing. (Even without the money texture.....

Original Designs by Idolon and Tarry H Sruman

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    Turn it back to money sometime later, please.

I want that sweet dosh.

3. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    Heads up, there's a couple of people you're forgetting to credit.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this before, but I'm using one of the control points (lower left in your last screenshot) in my map, Ashpipe. If you're okay with that, feel free to leave it in; I'd prefer if you redesigned it, though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  4. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
    TC maps are difficult to make, good luck...

5. Moonrat

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds gud

6. Moonrat

Positive Ratings:
    A2!

7. Moonrat

Positive Ratings:
    I will, I just don't want to waste time packing in the texture every version

8. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    So, ironically, the first thing I would recommend is fleshing out the visuals a little. The only reason Hydro even works as well as it does is that it has recognizable landmarks not only at every point but in the areas in between as well. In almost any other mode, "the RED base", "the BLU base", and "the neutral zone in between" is all you need to be able to recognize, but in TC some variety is paramount. I'd almost even recommend dipping into the custom dev texture pack and just coloring the areas yellow, orange, green, purple, cyan, and hot pink or something in the meantime.

Other than that, I couldn't really tell if it's any better or worse than Hydro. The rounds seemed to end quickly enough, at least.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. PC's_Frank

PC's_Frank L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Haven't seen one of these maps in a long time!

10. Muddy

aa Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Between getting lost an awful lot and the rounds ending quickly, I never really had a chance to get a feel for the map. It could just be because of the lack of landmarks and such though.

Besides that though, the map isn't bad. I had fun on that one round that lasted for ages.

11. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
    Played it the other day, enjoyed it.
    But just as ms.mudpie said
    I blame the players for that tho :)