Un-Ungroupable

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Grim Tuesday, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    OK, so I was just starting to texture my map, and when I went to texture an object, it selected all the objects in the room as well. "Oh, it must be grouped with them, and I forgot to ungroup them" I thought. Well, when I go to ungroup them, it is not possible: They stay grouped.
    I have tried pasting them into a new VMF, and ungrouping them, but no dice. Can anyone give me a solution to this besides building this section of the map again?

2. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    My guess would be that you've grouped them with entities. As in, sevral brushes into 1 func_detail (or similar)

3. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    You can switch your selection mode into Objects if you need to. There should be buttons at the right that say Groups, Objects, Solids. If they're still all selected with Objects enabled, they're tied to an entity and can't be ungrouped.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    It looks like, while monkeying around with nerdboy's suggestion, I discovered that I had accidentally converted the entire piece into a func_detail. Now, all I need to do is figure out how to un-convert it...

5. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    There's a button on the right that says "To World" under the text "Move Selected". Select it, then hit that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Gerbil

aa Gerbil

Positive Ratings:
    Or Ctrl+Shift+W as a shortcut.

• Thanks Thanks x 2