ultiduo_strafe_b2

Cookie^

L2: Junior Member
Jan 26, 2014
The map is for the mode ULTIDUO with an updated whitelist that allows The Quickfix. :D

I wanted to allow The Quickfix because normal Ultiduo is pretty much just deathmatch and jumping is a huge aspect of Soldier, so I combined the Soldier's ability to rocket jump with The Quickfix's ability to also jump when healing the Soldier.

With The Quickfix, medics will be going flying and things will be more jump based, since the water under the point is a deathpit, a lot of interesting strategies will come in play. There is a ton of deathmatch, don't worry, I wanted to make something different, unique and overall interesting to play.

WHITELIST TO ALLOW QUICKFIX & CRUSADER'S CROSSBOW: http://whitelist.tf/757 :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2014
Yo, I just gave this a quick look over, I don't really play much ultiduo, and I haven't played this map so take my thoughts wit a pinch of salt.

It seems like it would be hard to get out of spawn on this map , as you can sit on either the point, or the roof of the enemy teams spawn or yours and watch out for them leaving from lower or upper. you can listen for the lift and shift your attention to it before it properly lifts up, and you have to walk out of the lift before you can jump out of it due to its roof so there is little point watching it, and little point leaving from it.

It also seems a little small for an ultiduo map, which makes the problems I can see above worse.

Other minor stuff: dev texture here http://i.imgur.com/M13QIxb.jpg

I feel like the lift should crush people when it lower instead of this http://i.imgur.com/fPcRLD3.jpg but that is up to you.

Hope some of this stuff is useful to you :)

Cookie^

L2: Junior Member
Jan 26, 2014
It seems like it would be hard to get out of spawn on this map , as you can sit on either the point, or the roof of the enemy teams spawn or yours and watch out for them leaving from lower or upper. you can listen for the lift and shift your attention to it before it properly lifts up, and you have to walk out of the lift before you can jump out of it due to its roof so there is little point watching it, and little point leaving from it.

Hey, thanks for replying. Me and a couple of other skilled players tested this map, it worked very smoothly. There are 3 ways out of the spawn and in pretty much every ultiduo map you can watch every single spawn (ultiduo_balloo and koth_ultiduo). Another thing, we used the elevator a lot of times as a distraction, since the button can be activated by splash damage we would throw a rocket on the elevator so that the sound is played to drag attention and then show up from another exit.

It also seems a little small for an ultiduo map, which makes the problems I can see above worse.

It really is not that small, it has a good design for jumping and for crossbow battles, a lot of strafing takes place and a lot of crazy stuff happen, especially when jumping the point.