UE4 take lags and takes a while to compile.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
So, I started using UE4, and it seems that the program hates me. It freezes up and lags a lot, and whenever I try compiling, building, or packaging anything, takes so long I don't even know if it's doing anything. Is there a reason for this, or is it just my Computer sucking?

Sheltr

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2011
So, I started using UE4, and it seems that the program hates me. It freezes up and lags a lot, and whenever I try compiling, building, or packaging anything, takes so long I don't even know if it's doing anything. Is there a reason for this, or is it just my Computer sucking?

To be honest, this really isn't the forum to be questioning this because well we mostly deal with source engine. you could try asking the unreal forum. https://forums.unrealengine.com/

but the last time I tried to use UE3, my computer 'which is fairly nice id say' also has a slow compile time. so it might just be the compiler.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
I'm still stuck at tutorial 40/192 ;_;
But an unreal engine megathread would be a good idea, some people on the site here really are enjoying it, but not enough to warrant a fourm section. I'd love to see and post WIP and questions

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010

Its might be down to your pc specs, if you have old hardware with not up to date software/ drivers it can cause problems, so try and update your drivers.

There is an option under the settings tab, called Scalability. One of them will let you change the graphical quality of the engine.
Screenshot%202015-03-07%2012.37.11.png

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Its might be down to your pc specs, if you have old hardware with not up to date software/ drivers it can cause problems, so try and update your drivers.

There is an option under the settings tab, called Scalability. One of them will let you change the graphical quality of the engine.
Screenshot%202015-03-07%2012.37.11.png

I already did that :/

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 270 3.40 GHz
Ram: 4 GB
64 Bit Operating System

Sheltr

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2011
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 270 3.40 GHz
Ram: 4 GB
64 Bit Operating System

Yeah if you want a faster compile time a better CPU and Ram should help, upgrading your ram should be easy. but the CPU a bit harder. I have a AMD FX 8320 Black edition, and corsair vengeance with 16 gb of ram.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
8GB ram is absolute minimum for any serious rendering of any kind these days. And a quad-core CPU, you've only got a dual core so yeah, it's your specs.