UE4 take lags and takes a while to compile.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Moonrat, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    So, I started using UE4, and it seems that the program hates me. It freezes up and lags a lot, and whenever I try compiling, building, or packaging anything, takes so long I don't even know if it's doing anything. Is there a reason for this, or is it just my Computer sucking?

2. Sheltr

Sheltr L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    To be honest, this really isn't the forum to be questioning this because well we mostly deal with source engine. you could try asking the unreal forum. https://forums.unrealengine.com/

but the last time I tried to use UE3, my computer 'which is fairly nice id say' also has a slow compile time. so it might just be the compiler.

3. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    I'm still stuck at tutorial 40/192 ;_;
    But an unreal engine megathread would be a good idea, some people on the site here really are enjoying it, but not enough to warrant a fourm section. I'd love to see and post WIP and questions

4. Bakscratch

aa Bakscratch Finisher of Maps

Positive Ratings:
    Its might be down to your pc specs, if you have old hardware with not up to date software/ drivers it can cause problems, so try and update your drivers.

There is an option under the settings tab, called Scalability. One of them will let you change the graphical quality of the engine. [​IMG]

5. Moonrat

Positive Ratings:
    I already did that :/

6. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Then it's very possibly you have a poo computer for it. What are your specs?

7. Moonrat

Positive Ratings:
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
    Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 270 3.40 GHz
    Ram: 4 GB
    64 Bit Operating System

8. Sheltr

Sheltr L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah if you want a faster compile time a better CPU and Ram should help, upgrading your ram should be easy. but the CPU a bit harder. I have a AMD FX 8320 Black edition, and corsair vengeance with 16 gb of ram.

9. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    8GB ram is absolute minimum for any serious rendering of any kind these days. And a quad-core CPU, you've only got a dual core so yeah, it's your specs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1