"Ubisoft Commits To Include Subtitles In Future Products"

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
heh, I'm suprised they don't do it already to be honest, theres so much fuss about catering for the 'less abled' that i'm suprised games get away with so little..
I'm all for subtitles in games, I usually have them enabled if they're there since I tend to miss little bits of what people say to me.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
heh, I'm suprised they don't do it already to be honest, theres so much fuss about catering for the 'less abled' that i'm suprised games get away with so little..
I'm all for subtitles in games, I usually have them enabled if they're there since I tend to miss little bits of what people say to me.

Apex_

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2008
Hey Ubisoft, subtitles in Far Cry 2 are great but why not fix all of the guns being mirrored while you're at it? Games that talk about how realistic they are and have messed up weapon models annoy me to no end. End rant, back on topic.

I occasionally use subs normally, especially for single player games. Games are going the Hollywood route these days, making explosions and music twice the volume of the dialog.

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
I like subtitles, I 99% of the time get what they speak about but sometimes that 1% is crucial for the story and I'd prefer not to miss that. And subtitles help with that.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Subtitles are great in my opinion. Since I don't speak English naturally, I very often fail to understand something when slang or accents are used.

For an example, there are some lines in the Meet the Demoman video that I to this day still don't understand - he says something that I best can describe as "TAH you fine dandies, so proud [...] come and get me I say, I'll be waitin' on you with whbdfywedwo grimstone [...] with an unhappy, bloody egg".

It also took me months to realize that the Soldier was talking about Sun Tzu and not some random guy called Fanzoo.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
youme, you dubble posted.

I may have double posted, but at least my post was on topic.....:p

...so proud so cock sure, prancing aboot with your heads full of eyeballs, come and get me I say... Its something like that, being from the UK I guess I find a scottish accent easier to understand than most of the rest of you but I don't know it exactly since I can't remember it :p

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Yeah, I get that part, it's the parts I actually wrote that I don't understand, I just put in [...] so I didn't have to write it all.