Feb 8, 2016
The fact that you made a greek themed map and you named it after this dish
Tzatziki-syntagi-eukolo-spitiko-tzatziki-me-skordo-696x500.jpg

Blows my mind hahaha.
But the map looks cool, I am looking forward to giving it a shot

Stof

L1: Registered
Nov 3, 2012
Map was accidentally skipped halfway through the last test. I'm resubmitting now with some small changes for a new test.

a2

- Clipped off deathpit BLU spawn
- Made the propjump in A tunnel less annoying
- Moved resupply locker in BLU spawn for easier teleporter upgrades
- Respawn times on B are now more in favour of BLU

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Stof

Nov 3, 2012
The fact that you made a greek themed map and you named it after this dish
--
Blows my mind hahaha.
But the map looks cool, I am looking forward to giving it a shot
Thanks, I thought it fitted the white buildings :p

sniffy194

Apr 15, 2021
Map looks super nice so far, but the cart always seems to get stuck after capturing B on a2?

Stof

Nov 3, 2012
Yes, when I changed the respawntimes for the a2 I accidentally deleted some cart logic. I will fix it today.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Apologies for skipping the map partway through the test the other day. I'll make up for it with some detailed map feedback later when I get the time.

sniffy194

Apr 15, 2021
Is it intentional that you can build on the roof of blue's first spawn? In playtesting, we had someone on red put a cheeky teleporter exit there, but I'd guess that it could also be an outrageously powerful sentry spot. I don't know if it's a major issue but it's notable.

Someone else requested that the fire on the last point should be able to light huntsman arrows, lol.

Stof

Nov 3, 2012
We haven't had issues with buildings on the roof yet while testing on our community server. Maybe our engies should be more creative :rolleyes:. It is something I will keep in mind though.

Lighting huntsman arrows with the temple fires is a cool idea, thank you

Stof

Nov 3, 2012
Changes from a3 to a5:

- Added forward spawn for BLU after capping A
- Moved up A point
- Added pick-ups to right building on A
- Added ramp to BLU side wine cellar entrance
- Scaled down wine cellar and balconies in front of wine cellar
- Blocked out some sightlines on B
- Lowered death pit on B so as to be more obvious
- Reworked the right side of final C building
- Added more fires to final C building
- Fires on C now light Huntsman Arrows
- Changed respawn times on B and C
- (added THG meme to wine cellar)

Stof

Nov 3, 2012
a7

- Reworked right side flank on A
- Lowered round buildings on A and moved the difference in height to a ramp right before A point
- Added a ramp and pickups to the grassy area on A
- Unblocked third path under the bridge

The general idea was to make previously useless areas on A useful and to improve connectivity between the routes on A.

Also:

- Tried detailing a small area (wine cellar on B)
- Prop spammed first BLU spawn

sniffy194

Apr 15, 2021
Unfortunately I don't have any detailed constructive feedback yet, but this is one of the maps we've been running on the official TF2C custom maps server for a bit over a week now, and the initial reception has been shockingly positive. So far, through our map rating plugin, it's been sitting on par with KOTH Sawmill. It plays well, and it plays interestingly compared to other PL maps.

If there's anything that stands out, it seems like it's still particularly difficult for BLU to capture B? Hard to tell why. Maybe the sightline for defending snipers is too strong.

As well, of the three flanks into C (the left ramp, underwater tunnel, and side-hall), I primarily see the ramp get used, with the underwater tunnel only being used at a much lesser extent. The side-hall is almost totally ignored, maybe because it's easy to miss and it's not immediately clear where it leads.

All in all, it's great work. It would be cool to see more texturing and detailing as well. It's a wonderfully unique setting for a map.

Stof

Nov 3, 2012
Unfortunately I don't have any detailed constructive feedback yet, but this is one of the maps we've been running on the official TF2C custom maps server for a bit over a week now, and the initial reception has been shockingly positive. So far, through our map rating plugin, it's been sitting on par with KOTH Sawmill. It plays well, and it plays interestingly compared to other PL maps.

Very interesting to hear my map got played on a TF2 Classic server and also thanks for the compliments and feedback:D

On the last point we have seen the opposite happen on the THG server: the right side building is the main flank while the ramp only gets used occasionally. Maybe this is due to differences between TF2 and TF2C (or player habit or sample size?).

Tomorrow I will compile and upload the a8 which might fix some of the issues you mentioned. It has some changes to B to make it less sniper-friendly and hopefully make it easier for BLU to cap. There are also changes to the geometry of the left side flank and the full healthkit is now a medium one which might change the balance between the flanks.

Stof

Nov 3, 2012
a8

- Added a new structure to B to block sniper sightlines and make the pit area less flat
- Closed off one entrance to the amphitheater and opened up a new one on the left
- Reworked left side flank and water building on C
- Added more arrows for BLU on the final point

sniffy194

Apr 15, 2021
Seems like there are a couple big issues with the third spawn (for BLU attacking C, or RED defending B). Main one is that the door facing the bridge only visibly opens from the inside after A is captured. From the outside, enemies and bullets just phase through it. I'm not sure if this is even intended to open when RED is defending B either, because it means they're able to actually spawn behind the point if they turn left, giving them an incredibly powerful position: https://files.catbox.moe/r1po6a.mp4

It's also somehow possible to get stuck in the door facing C, preventing anyone else from going through. I'm not sure how to reliably reproduce this. It seems like it happened accidentally. After the engineer that was stuck got killed, the door worked normally again. I think that I also got stuck in the door right before I died in this clip:
https://files.catbox.moe/2u14ms.mp4

Stof

Nov 3, 2012
Seems like there are a couple big issues with the third spawn (for BLU attacking C, or RED defending B). Main one is that the door facing the bridge only visibly opens from the inside after A is captured. From the outside, enemies and bullets just phase through it. I'm not sure if this is even intended to open when RED is defending B either, because it means they're able to actually spawn behind the point if they turn left, giving them an incredibly powerful position: https://files.catbox.moe/r1po6a.mp4

It's also somehow possible to get stuck in the door facing C, preventing anyone else from going through. I'm not sure how to reliably reproduce this. It seems like it happened accidentally. After the engineer that was stuck got killed, the door worked normally again. I think that I also got stuck in the door right before I died in this clip:
https://files.catbox.moe/2u14ms.mp4

Thanks for the report. This seems to only be an issue in TF2Classic. I think I have found out what the problem is (some TF2 logic that's not available in TF2C) and I'll upload a fix soon.

And yes that door is not supposed to be open for RED after A is capped, I'm surprised you were able to cap B with this bug:eek: