two spawn rooms at a time

Bob Ross

L3: Member
Jun 16, 2009
my map is a ctf and each team has two spawn rooms. much like 2fort. there are only 5 spawn point entities in each room. the issue is that players for some reason only spawn in one of the rooms. every single time. and players will spawn inside of each other. its not a game breaking problem but it is annoying none the less. how do i fix this?

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
If it helps try looking at 2fort when it's decompiled

Delusibeta

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
Your spawn entities are probably broke. Make sure there's enough RED and BLU spawn entities to handle the server your using (so make sure there's 16 of each).

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
You should have at least 16 spawn points total for a ctf map. If you have two spawns, as far as I'm aware, you just need to have those 16 spawn points total - I may be wrong.

I am right about the 16 spawn points though. You need at least 16 per team so that those evil 32 player servers can play your map (if they choose).

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
First off, if you have multiple points active at a time, AFAIK people spawn at them in the order they were placed, so at the very beginning of the map, it's normal to have most people in just one of the two rooms.

That said, if the other room is not working at all, make sure the spawn points in it are associated with the correct func_respawnroom entity and that both the spawn points and the room belong to the same team.