Two odd issues.

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

NameUser

L1: Registered
Sep 15, 2011
I was editing Gorge (Personal favorite map, doing a bit of rebalancing for a friend's server). I ran into two odd glitches however.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041760455/screenshot/540679788076274091

The lighting, as you can see, went haywire. I don't get why though. My first guess would have been since VIS and RAD are compiling on fast, but I did not have this issue previously. Anyone know why?

The other is, BLU is spawning in RED spawn. All of the RED spawns are set to RED, and I haven't touched any of the BLU spawns, they're exactly as normal. Once again, anyone know why?

NameUser

Sep 15, 2011
My first guess is to check for leaks. that should fix up your lighting issues.

For the spawn issue, I know it has come up, but I forget what the solution was. A couple people figured it out, so hopefully they will chime in.

There are leaks, but it's not like I can fix them, as they're all going straight through walls.

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=19586

I can 'fix' them by deleting and replacing the wall, but that doesn't really help as it then just produces a different 'leak' straight through a wall.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Don't blame Hammer for this when I'm positive it's you. Turn off all props, func_details, displacements, and tool textures. Then turn areaportals back on and see what happens. Just run VBSP. Then post a picture of the pointfile.

Also... rebalancing Gorge? It's perfect, dude.

Oh, for your other thing, the initial blu spawn points are either somehow broken or blocked.

Last edited by a moderator:

NameUser

Sep 15, 2011
Don't blame Hammer for this when I'm positive it's you. Turn off all props, func_details, displacements, and tool textures. Then turn areaportals back on and see what happens. Just run VBSP. Then post a picture of the pointfile.

Also... rebalancing Gorge? It's perfect, dude.

Not trying to blame hammer.

I have no clue how to do that, not too experienced with hammer.

And I agree, Gorge is very balanced. Just a few tiny things I don't like.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I don't like that you are claiming you are doing everything right when you're not and you don't have much experience with Hammer.

On the right side of the view panes there is this.

yR9Hx.png

I cut off where it says visgroups.

You'll have more checkboxes than I do in this image. Do what I said before and then tell us what happens.

May 2, 2009
I always hit this spawning error when I start a new map. Only thing that has worked for me has been filling the 'Blue spawn for round' data with team_control_point_round entity name, so for example it would be 'plr_round_A' no matter if the map is single stage. This forces the teams to use their correct spawns.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
PLR always does that though, and it's the only mode where having 1 stage will still require that

NameUser

Sep 15, 2011
I don't like that you are claiming you are doing everything right when you're not and you don't have much experience with Hammer.

On the right side of the view panes there is this.

yR9Hx.png

I cut off where it says visgroups.

You'll have more checkboxes than I do in this image. Do what I said before and then tell us what happens.

I never claimed that. I'm almost certainly doing something wrong.

czw3p.png

This time it claimed there was a leak in the 3D skybox. As you can see, it goes straight through the Skybox, with no regard for it. The thing that really pisses me off about it, is I found a real leak and it didn't even bother tell me about THAT.

Edit: Fixed that leak and now it's not giving me any more leaks...
Why didn't it actually tell me where the leak was as opposed to going through random walls?

Last edited:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
There is always a reason though it may not be immediately apparent. If I had looked at the VMF I might have been able to tell you.

NameUser

Sep 15, 2011
It's odd issue day. May as well reuse this thread.

Was working for a bit, then I got another leak. Same odd issue with going through walls. I couldn't figure out where the real leak was though. Then I realized this.

rwSoK.png

Everything outside of the radius isn't compiling. Why? Before everything in the entire map compiled, but now if it's not in the circle it doesn't compile.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Push C. You've got a cordon going on in a large circle. I believe there is a tiny button on the toolbar next to these :cordonenable::cordonedit: but we don't have an image for it. Click it or hitting C toggles it.

A cordon lets you compile a small area of the map without doing the entire thing. Usually it's square, but that one was added recently. It centers on where your camera is, and is probably making your Hammer feel laggy when you fly around the 3D pane.

NameUser

Sep 15, 2011
Push C. You've got a cordon going on in a large circle. I believe there is a tiny button on the toolbar next to these :cordonenable::cordonedit: but we don't have an image for it. Click it or hitting C toggles it.

A cordon lets you compile a small area of the map without doing the entire thing. Usually it's square, but that one was added recently. It centers on where your camera is, and is probably making your Hammer feel laggy when you fly around the 3D pane.

Thanks. It's odd, I turned that on accidently a long time ago, yet everything compiled previously. Or did it? I wonder if that's whats been causing all of my odd issues. And yeah, smooth and lagless now. Had been wondering why that was lagging my previously.

TehStoneMan

Jun 15, 2012
That's the camera radius option. It only compiles what is within the circle, but unlike the cordon, it doesn't seal the missing parts with a skybox.