CTF Twin Pines Mall (WIP) 2016-04-29

Work in Progress greybox (no gameplay data yet)

1. theIguana

theIguana L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Twin Pines Mall (WIP) - Work in Progress greybox (no gameplay data yet)

CTF map that takes place between 2 anchor stores within a 50's mall.

• 1st pass greybox, no gameplay yet
    • Curious to get feedback regarding scale, proportions and flow
    • Path choice, Low, Upper and Flanking

Map with gameplay data to follow....

2. Aeix

Aeix L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Jesus! Your so organised in planning your map ;)
    Most of my maps are just a couple of ideas that I turn into a big mess...which then somehow turns into a functional map (well...most of the time).
    Also, from what I can make out on the overview screenshot, the Intel seems to be infront of the spawns. This is generally not a good idea for flow of gameplay around taking the intel.

3. theIguana

theIguana L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you Aeix - measure once, cut twice..wait..whatever ;)

There is precedent for flags in-front (landfall, sawmill) , flanking (turbine, yes, I know we don't mention voldemort's name aloud lest he appears...) and behind (Well, 2fort and Doublecross) the spawns.

I'm attempting to counter the position out front with a good flanking route. That said, I am also considering building a "loading dock" tech area out back of each base store to place the Intel and treat the base stores as true battlements? Thoughts?

4. RataDeOrdenador

RataDeOrdenador L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    First of all,I think you forgot a C on your .bsp save (when you download it you get "tf_tpm_a02.bsp". xD)

The map,for now,MIGHT be a little bit underscaled. The briefcases might be way too close to each other,leading to a very short gameplay.
    If that "loading dock" can fix this problem,sure. Go ahead.

One thing I noticed... Are you trying to make a symmetrical map? Because for now,it doesn't look like it. Usually half the map is the mirror of the other half. There's a couple of """"mistakes"""" (Yes,I know,this is an ultra-alpha,but I want to point them out anyway.)

[​IMG]

Shouldn't be this "Lunch counter" on the RED side too? If not,BLU might get a pretty small advantage,and that might be bad. We want a pretty balanced map/gameplay. A team shouldn't be better than the other with a simple "building" the other team doesn't have.

Same in here. Why does blu have less "windows" than red? It might be pointless (again),but it might give more advantage... again. xd

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And maybe raise this roof a little bit? At least for the scouts to move with more freedom when they're on the boxes.

[​IMG]

So yeah,like you/I/we/the whole universe said: It's a big ultra-alpha. Yet it looks promising.

I really can't wait to test it out. ;D