Tutorial Help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Bob1897, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Bob1897

Bob1897 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello,
    When following this begininers tutorial on creating a spawn room, I encountered a simple problem, as I cannot seem to find the func_respawnroom, or the func_regenerate entity. The tutorial can be found here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=198. Please notifiy me if I need to be more specific, thank you :)

2. DjD

DjD L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    yes, you have to create a brush (a box using the block tool) first, thats as big as the respawnroom, select it, make its texture tools/trigger and then press ctrl+t and THEN you can select func_respawnroom, same for func_regenerate

3. Bob1897

Bob1897 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I mean to say that when I create an entity, and search func_, the only options which appear are:
    Func_fish_pool
    Func_instance
    Func_instance_parms
    Func_ladderendpoint
    Func_useableladder
    When I open Source SDK, I have the settings Source 2009 and Team Fortress 2. I am using windows 7. Is there some reason why I cannot see those entities, as I have done so in the past.

EDIT: WOW. My apologies, problem solved. Thanks and + rep.

EDIT 2: Umm, how do I give you reputation points, or do those not exist here. If not, thanks anyway.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  4. DjD

DjD L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    rep doesnt exist here, but you can click the little [​IMG] button under the post ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 2