[Tut Request]Game Modes

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I'm pretty new to mapping and have now got to a stage where I need to put in the gametype. Now following the VDC is terrible. So I was wondering if we could have a tut with all the stock gametypes (ctf, gravelpit style, arena, tc - etc) and have them stickyed so we don't need to search for them. If anyone does I'll hug you in steam group chat.

~M

T

The Asylum

Search function is your friend.

Also, why do you need a tutorial on CTF maps? Just put a flag here, flag there, you're done.

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
Search function is your friend.

Also, why do you need a tutorial on CTF maps? Just put a flag here, flag there, you're done.

Its really for noob mappers like me and it cant hurt to have tuts on how to do all the original game modes, and the search function can take ages to find things, or things become outdated (which happened to me)

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
Valve Developer Wiki confuses me though, thats why I want tuts that are easy to follow. What we need is some video tuts!!! :p:p

~M

Fogold

L2: Junior Member
Jan 23, 2009
Valve Developer Wiki confuses me though, thats why I want tuts that are easy to follow. What we need is some video tuts!!! :p:p

~M

I have to admit I really don't like the valve tutorials, and it would be nice to have some extremely basic tutorials for the completely new. I know quite a lot of the basics, but there is still a lot of basics I don't know, and the valve tutorial was difficult to navigate.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Today I'm going to make some video tutorials for various things. They will include some game modes.

Cereal_Killer

L1: Registered
Feb 11, 2008
I think he means a general directory that points to threads on the game modes not a tutorial that covers all of them.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I'll gladly write some newbie-friendly "How to set up <game mode>" tutorials for whatever modes we don't have any for.