Tug Of War Working Logic

Oct 6, 2008
Ok peeps = some of you may have wanted some working logic for a TOW game style - here it is from maps I've used. Key notes:

1. TOW always have to have an odd number of cap points - max of seven - the center starting point, and however many points on either side i.e.1-3 for red, 1-3 for blue. So you will have the following configuration

1 cp for each team = 3 cap points total
2 cp for each team = 5 cap points total
3 cp for each team = 7 cap points total

2. The distance from the center point to the final cap point will be the exact same when it comes to your path track = a mirrored map setup is usually the best type. The reason? It comes down to the HUD - on a mirrored map the center neutral point will appear centered on the HUD - any other set up and the center point will appear to the left or to the right of the center thus giving the players the illusion that one team over the other is at a disadvantage over the other team because the other team is already closer to the end goal of winning the map.

About the file:

- hammer file
- logic is set up for 1 cp for each team - just add in an change the logic according to your needs.
- you might be able to code it for 4 points either side - but the hard limit is 8 cp on a standard pl map - since the center is neutral and you might not need to put in a hologram model there, I've never done it.

Enjoy

Attachments

• warpath_LogicFinal.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 189