Trouble with AI bots

Nov 14, 2009
I am trying to test my map with AI bots to iron major issues, and pickup placement before I release it for public consumption. I was able to test with them two days ago, but since I have made some changes, they refuse to leave the spawn. The map is 3 stage 2 CP, but only the first stage is done. All the entities are in place, but the four other points are hidden under the map. I have re-generated the nav mesh, however, when I use the "nav_analyze" command, it does not appear. What am I doing wrong?

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Did you change the map name/extension? Check the maps name and .navs name are the same.

Actualy, thinking about it, I'm sure I had the same problem with a L4D2 map. Can't remember if I ever fixed it, but try nav_save and such after you generate/analyze it.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2009
I tried renaming it, but it didnt help. I havent tried saving the nav, but the weirdest thing happens whenever I make it: It does it instantly. I have never seen a nav being made in less than a second, and my map isnt particularly small. What gives?