Trouble getting doors to move left/right instead of up/down [SOLVED]

squ1rrel

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 11, 2016
Using the orange spawn gates as the prop_dynamic and have parented them to func_doors. (ABS door prefabs). The doors move up and down fine when the move settings "Up" and "Down" are selected but I am unsure of how to get the doors to move left or right.

I want the doors to move left or right as I have the props rotated 90 degrees. When changing the move settings of the func_door to get it to move left or right, when in-game, they move only a couple of HU forwards or backwards (I'm clearly doing something wrong here).

Help please! Thanks in advance.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
The middle number of the door's opening direction determines which direction it will open according to the top view. The compass will also tell you which direction it will open in. Some examples:
hLzB9l.png

VWlT3y.png

zZdiWl.png

In this instance, you'd want the right door to open at 0 0 0 and the left door to open at 0 180 0.
m2cJv4.png

As for why your doors only move a little bit in the wrong direction - opening a door just means it will move in the specified direction for the same distance that the brush is big. The doors in the above example will move 128 units left and right, but only 32 units up and down.

squ1rrel

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 11, 2016
Thank you so much. I spent ages trying to figure out what that black circle was!