Trinity

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
This is a new map we - DaBeatzProject, Mr.Hanz, and Zeewier - are working on.

Stage 1 and 2 are currently in alpha stage!

It's slightly different from other Attack/Defend maps:
  • Each round has only 1 final cp.
  • There will be 6 mini-rounds.
  • Each round will have it's own destructing force. :)

Our goals with this map are:
  • Fragging.
  • Short rounds so there is some variety in the area's.
  • Fast and intense gameplay.
  • Easy gameplay.

The name:
  • There are tree of us. :p
  • God is The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in Christianity. -> We play god we build a new world.
  • Trinity was the first nuclear test. And the test site is called Trinity Site.

Stage 2 screenshots:

cp_trinity_a1_s20000.jpg

cp_trinity_a1_s20001.jpg

Thank you Void!
cp_trinity_a1_s20002.jpg

cp_trinity_a1_s20003.jpg

Changes:

-Added an extra route to CP in stage 1.
-Added a little cover for blu in stage 1.
-Added Stage 2

This version:
-Blu gets 4 minutes extra time for completing a round.
-Some very alpha-ish "destruction" is added.
-Removed some noclips to make jumping easier.

Next Version:
-These are the first two stages, so we will try to make it (a lot) easier for red to win by: Decreasing sentry spots a little and a increasing red spawn time by 2 seconds.
-Using the feedback :).

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
sounds pretty sweet, when will you have a playtest out?

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
Not sure, but DBP said stage 1 is running on 2 servers (GRIM's server and another one?)

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Do something to stay true to the most common meaning of Trinity (3), some fancy double meaning shit if you get where I'm going with this.

Sep 12, 2008
Yup, the map is on Grimgriz' server and on Hellfire's (nipet). Only the first stage is ready to be played, to test out the concept etc.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
ive already said that to DBP but im repeating here,as hanz asked me

and one more thing

make Lightmap Scale on your textures =32 and compile WITHOUT HDR

damit,guys,you have a tiny untextured part of map and its already 6.6Mbs, dont waste traffic. it should be around 2.5Mbbs when u do what ive said,or even less

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Thanks for posting the screens and the other feedback. We will have a look what we could do with it.. :)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I love the first stage. It's very fun, and I just can't wait for more. :)

However, I completely disagree with your no respawn design choice.

Respawn time is very important because...
- It's a penalty for dying.
- It allows attackers to capture the point while the defenders are waiting to spawn, and it allows the defenders to rebuild their crippled defenses when the attackers are waiting to spawn.

Please consider some time for both teams' spawns.

Feb 14, 2008
Yeah, no respawn is a really bad idea. It makes some points incredibly difficult to cap because there's a constant stream of defenders spawning right behind the point, whilst the attackers, if they die, have to go all the way back from their spawn.

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
Thanks for the comments, this was the main reason for us to release a single stage :)

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
Someone asked me why the orange building was player clipped and they couldn't get on top as a scout....especially considering where else they can get in the map....

picture.php

engoldin

L2: Junior Member
Apr 10, 2009
Really beautiful start gents. Playstyle is hectic but that comes with the territory in a "0" respawn wave time environment. Map is biased in favor of the defenders perhaps too much so. The main reason for this is that the chief bottleneck is controlled by a position that the defenders can take over relatively easily. I've made some suggestions along those lines. Just a point on the new screenshots I received... I suggest you open up the area under the length of the new partially enclosed bridge on the attackers side. Opening up only a block like that is actually going to work in favor of the defenders rather than the attacks and is going to provide the defenders with another devastating sentry position on the attackers initial push from spawn.

engoldin

L2: Junior Member
Apr 10, 2009
Declipping that orange building will help things also. Figure out an aesthetic that says to the player "You can't jump up onto this" and use it universally where it applies.

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
I will be back home tomorrow so I can finally play the map myself :p

The next version will have 2 rounds and some respawn time.
Probably 2-4 seconds for blu, and add some to red's respawn time so the teams meet at the chokepoints, because we want the spawn times as low as possible

But only if DBP and Hanz agree, and if we finished round 2 :p.

The orange building/Building near cap: The last version I saw those were not player-clipped (on purpose). We will fix that :)

Sep 12, 2008
Yep yep, stage 2 is coming closer and closer ('whoo!')... These are some changes I made last night, after gameday:
trinity_change0000.PNG

trinity_change0001.PNG

Aaannnd:
Stage 2!!!
trinity_s20000.PNG

Expect it, soon.

Also I'd like to thank all the people that were on gameday and played this map yesterday, and gave us some very useful comments. :thumbup: Thanks engoldin! :)

DBP