Trinity

CP Trinity A2

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Duck and Cover!

RED and BLU bring the battle home! Or... do they? BLU wages war for the ownership of a long-forgotten area of the desert, only to find themselves pushed into a nearby suburban area. But things are not as they seem.

Stepping through the gates of the town, BLU is greeted by the town's citizens, who all carry a stiff handshake and a stern stare. BLU must fight through this strange environment in order to claim it from RED.

In this fast-paced three-stage control point map, BLU must take control of this mysteriously ideal suburban town and the surrounding desert before times run out and RED drops a bomb on the situation.

Alpha I - February 22nd, 2011
Alpha II - February 27th, 2011

Thanks to:
The Suburban Team
Moose
A Boojum Snark
YM
Shmitz
Supersandvich
Snacks
Prestige

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
The name was given to him.
I have to say, that is the smallest two-point stage I've ever seen. Almost looks smaller than hardhat (considering hardhat has a lot of "layers", despite small x/y size).

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Before, actually, if all goes to plan.

And damn, littleedge. I knew I was missing something.

Edit:

You aren't littleedge. You're Snacks.

Littleedge hasn't even posted...

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
But Snax has a pretty pink bar instead of an avatar!

Also, for whatever reason, a Hardhat banner in his sig.

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
I hate this map soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much i hope Void dies!

nah jk i love how it's looking. Lets just test it!

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
I am not Snacks. How dare you think that. I am not a mysterious weirdo who has more hours in SDK than TF2 but doesn't actually produce anything at all.

Also, Muffin, you realize that the trees are the manor ones, right? I've seen so many people confused by those trees even though they're right in front of everyone's face!

Looking decent Void.

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
Just played this on the impromptu. I have to go against the grain and say I really, really like the layout. It could use some tweaking, but it is fun to play as-is.

In my opinion (and I was getting mocked in game day. You know who you are, go bugger off) the goal of a 3 stage a/d map should be that every games makes it to stage 3. Stage 1 should be EASY, stage 2 MEDIUM, and stage 3 HARD. I think stage 1 is absolutely perfect in terms of difficulty.

Anyone remember cp_boulder? This map had a lot of good design ideas, but absolutely sucked because the stages were very very big and stage 1 was the most difficult for offense. It was frustrating to take turns trying to beat stage 1 for a half hour.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
I liked the map whenever blu didn't win instantly after capping the first point

Some few suggestions, don't know how good they are but they could spark other ideas
i literally scribbled these 3 pictures in under 30 seconds

alternate spawn exit path and another door into the point building. also cover up the 2 holes to the side?
cp_trinity_a10000.jpg

move the exit to this path where the scriblled line is
cp_trinity_a10001.jpg

I didn't like this cliff blu got right infront of the point and red couldn't get up

Looking at this again, the ramp for red probably shouldn't be so close to their side of the map, but I still think they need a way up
cp_trinity_a10002.jpg

I hate saying general things, but I didn't like how the map made a U-turn, I think if you made the shortest path not the best it'd be better (highest elevation, full hp and ammo with it, shortest path)

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Alpha II - February 27th, 2011

- Added more ammo and health throughout the map
- Elongated the stage, longer walk times
- More routes between points
- Revamped 1-2 layout
- Added additional exit out of RED spawn
- Added staircase up to RED spawn
- Sightlines broken

cp_trinity_a20000.jpg

cp_trinity_a20001.jpg

cp_trinity_a20002.jpg

cp_trinity_a20003.jpg

cp_trinity_a20004.jpg

cp_trinity_a20005.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Apr 13, 2009
I'll just note one thing based on my playtime on a1 and the pics in your post : please make the setup gates see-through for the next version (unless you somehow plan to leave them opaque forever but I'd advise against it).

Zhan

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2010
please make the setup gates see-through for the next version

Yes, this, I agree.

Also, I don't really like how RED players can stand in that tunnel by the second point and fire out at BLU while being sheltered from pyros and spies, who can't get past the visualizer. Perhaps add a door there, or make that all part of the playable area and have the visualizer in the actual dropdown?

Overall, think this is quite a solid layout as you have here!